HM-2 Heavy Metal review by Boss

Boss: HM-2 Heavy Metal

I use an Ibanez RG565, then the HM-2, then a Boss Md-2, then a Peavey Chorus Classis 2x12 120 watt amp (built in Chorus and Reverb effects, sometimes cranked upto max for an interesting sound). Pretty simple really. I personally use the Low and High both cranked up full, aswell as the Dist. cranked up full, but with the Level backed off to about a 1 O'clock position. This makes for a great thick crunchy palm muting sound (think metallica - seek and destroy type palm muting), and also a great confident thick rhythm tone.

I generally play 70's and 80's rock on my own, in my band I play Grunge, metal and general rock. This pedal covers it all pretty good, the metal and rock best though, which is great for me! If it was to be stolen, first I would brutally murder the scrote who thought he would get away with even touching my gear, and then I'd go out and buy another one!

Gotta give it 10/10, its not much to look at, not sure how old it is, but it works perfectly, built like a tank! Rock solid stomper, simple but effective wiring.

I bought it second hand and I didn't get a manual with it, but I can still get pretty much any sound I want if I play with it for long enough. The passive bypass is a godsend as the multifx processor I was borrowing before that I only used for distortion and fairly clean sounds required me to stop playing and find the different effects on the lists, pain in the arse!