HM-2 Heavy Metal review by Boss

Boss: HM-2 Heavy Metal

I'm currently using this peddal on my strat and my little Peavey practice amp, and it works really well. The level setting can be a little fidgety. You can't get it right; either it's too loud or too soft. The effects are absolutely never weak. I can get some of the effects working for Black Sabbath and Nirvana and Metallica and Shadows Fall and the Clash, but it's hard to get some stuff like Billy Talent or Incubus.

I play mainly Grunge and metal and thrash and stuff like that, and it gets great sound, especially when you're play grindcore like Fear Factory or Devildriver. By this if you need a good quality heavy metal distortion pedal.

You can depend on this with your life. It gives a full sound so you can play easily on your own at a gig.

It's pretty easy to use, if you have some kind of manual. Which I don't. It's interesting to mess around with it, and sometimes I find something really cool sounding. It did come with a Products Calender that listed all the Boss effects products on the line this year, and it gives, like, three settings that ARE pretty useful, and it comes with a demo CD that plays you a sample of what the different effects. But it works for a lot of stuff.