HM-2 Heavy Metal review by Boss

Boss: HM-2 Heavy Metal

Purchased from: Russo's

I use my Ibanez RG7331 with it (seven string) tuned all the way down to G# C# F# B E G# C# with my Fender FM212R 100 watt amp, so it really puts the clearity of the distortion to the test. I run the clean channel on the amp, and then set up the pedal to my own setting. But it dosen't mate too well with my gain setting on the amp, one thing I haven't tired on another amp. It's very simple to get the sound of your favorite bands, i.e. mine would be the Deftones and old school Korn, it offers almost identical sound. Nothing to complain on this pedal.

Very nice pedal produced by Boss, and it goes a long great with my heavy metal/nu-metal style of music. I have only been playing for about 2 years, but I'm impressed for the price range and the quality verses its competition. I would definitely replace it if it were to be stolen or break-or w/e. I can't get enough from the pedal, and its heavyness. It's for people who seek distortion and clearity - for a lower price range.

The one issue I dont like about it, is it doesn't come with the PSA-120 wall adaptor, which means its back to the store every other 2 weeks to get more 9 volts. I have used it while practicing with my band, but unfortunely no gigs yet. From what it has shown to me, I would use it without a backup as long as it has a fresh battery in it.

Lets face it, it's hard to find a pedal with alot to offer with out using alot of $$. Well, if your into heavy distortion, a wide range of tweeking it, and high string solos that don't sound like shit, then this pedal is for you! It's very easy to squeeze the sound you want out of it, just by tweeking the 3 band EQ which offers heavy low and mid range sounds, with out giving up the higher strings clearity. The manual is very friendly, and offers advice as well as directions of use.