HM-2 Heavy Metal review by Boss

Boss: HM-2 Heavy Metal

Purchased from: eBay

I use my X300 mainly with this pedal, and my Honer P200 40Watt amp, and I'm as happy as a child. I can get nice clean sounds and the mastery metal sound this produces. It's like you can't get it to produce unwanted sounds on it's own. Unless your battery is almost imploded, the sound remains great. I play metallica mostly, and megadeth, and as I said, a bit of finetuning on it, and both come very close. The only thing this pedal has, as all Boss pedals (I've tried) have, is you get more volume as you raise your tone higher.

It makes is name, if that makes sense. Heavy Metal. I've been playing for 2 years now, and the only thing this baby lacks is a perfect metallica sound, but that's also not to expect from my shiity amp. If it were stolen though, I would maybe get another old Boss Metal Zone, Hyper Metal Of Digital Metalizer. Maybe even a DigiTech Death Metal. I guess I was more impressed when I got it than you'll be reading this review, I'd say, look on ebay if you can get one cheap. It's a bargain.

When I got it, I thought it wasn't gonna be all that, body damges everywhere, but it kicks ass. Typical for old Boss pedals. I gigged with it, and I have to say, I'd do it agian, it doesn't eat batteries as some other Line 6 pedals I tried back then.

You simply turn the knobs the way you think you want, and it's all finetuning from there. I didn't get a manual, but I reackon I don't need one. It's according to the man I bought it from pretty old, but he got it 2nd hand to.

greemo
    i too have this pedal it is simple ace i using at the moment a 50 watt transistor!! the distortion is shite on it .....put this thing on and watch the sound come reacking off you its simply ace not sure if the mt-2 is the same sort of sound maybe better with more eqs