MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Like I said, I have a poor guitar, and a peavy rage, and the only noise that comes is from my guitars pickups, and maybe when you turn the gain boost up to maximum. I moddle that sound that I'm trying to get on metallica and the 'bottom boost' knob catters for that very well. The distrtion is crisp, and broad, and the sound of it can be varied very easily from hard core to over drive, form harsh to baby mild!

I like to think that I play pretty heavy stuff (think Metallica, Motorhead, Pantera, Poison The Well) and the knobs change the sound dramatically and have huge potential for experimentation so even if my taste did change I would have to fork out for a new effect.

This thing is bulid like a brick sh*it house-you could drop an anvil on this thing and it would still perform exellently. Its cades in steel the switch is an actual pedal, as oppose to a pin that you stamp on (shoes not therfore needed!) I wouldn't need a backup for this simply because I know that you could kick it across the stage after getting over exiterd after aan epic solo, and it would still deliver!

It is very easy to get a really raw bassy metallicaesque sound out of this, I have a Fender COPY and the worst pickups in existance but the pedal still performed brilliantly. the manual is helpfull in how to use it, and also gives some reccommended settings.