MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

My setup is a Squier Strat hooked up throught this pedal to a Peavey 30 watt amp. This amp didn't have enough gain/distortion for what I was looking for, so I decided to get a pedal. The sound on this is amazing, only because of how much distortion you can put on it. There is such a large range because of the gain and distortion knobs. I love it.

I play any type of classic rock music and the occasional modern rock song like audioslave. I love this pedal for some nice AC/DC songs, its a great match. I can even play some JImi Hendrix with the pedal. Overall I feel that this is a great pedal with all of its range of distortion. If it was stolen or lost, I would find the person who took it and beat them, but really I would definetly buy another one.

This thing is built like a tank, been dropped multiple times, and nothing yet.

This is the first distortion pedal that I have ever owned, and I feel it is very easy to adjust. It takes awhile to find the right amount of distortion that you want. Once you get that sound and a feel for how to adjust the pedal, youre set. I never put it on max tho, because all it comes out is a squeeling and or jsut fuzz.