MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: Bansbach

Right now, I'm using it with an ESP EX-50 and a Line 6 Spider II 30 watt amp. It doesn't sound very good with the EX-50, though. It has a Level knob, a Tone and bottom knob, a distortion knob and a gain boost. It doesn't sound good if you put the distortion too high, and sounds to low if the boost is to high. The effects can be weak, at times, but generally their good. I can get the sounds of songs by: the ramones, Nirvana, but it doesn't work very good for metal. The Overdrive is great, and so is the powerful boost.

I play metal, and a bit of punk and Grunge. It works real well for the heavy Nirvana songs, and for some metal. I've been playing for 3 years, and I own a Washburn WR120, with a Bad Dog amp, and an ESP EX-50 with a Line 6 Spider II 30 watts. If it were stolen I would probably buy an DF-2 Super Distortion. I love the Overdrive, but don't really like the bottom knob. I compared to some other models, but liked this one best. Just wish the adaptor wasn't separate.

This guy I know has had one of these for 15 years and it still works. So I can definitely depend on it. I wouldn't need a backup for it in a gig, it's Boss made, and Boss has never failed me.

It's pretty simple to use, and the manual has some presets in it, that sound pretty good. I didn't need the manual to learn how to use it, though. All you have to do is plug it in, and your ready to go. It's number is N225 and has been upgraded.