MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: Haight Ashbury Music Center

I used it with a 10-watt amp before and it actually sounded pretty good. I tried it with a 60-watt Crate amp and it was pretty good. It was a bit staticky on a high level of volume but overall, it sounded good the whole time. I can get sounds ranging from Green Day to Metallica when I used to listen to those bands.

Well, now I play mainly death and black metal so, this pedal didn't really give me a good sound for that. I've been playing for about 2 years now. I have a Boss Metal Zone that does pretty well for me. I wouldn't buy this pedal again because it doesn't support the genres of music that I play. I loved it before because it had good sounds for punk and nu-metal but now I hate it since the distortion is pretty weak for death/black metal.

I'd use this pedal on a gig without a backup because it's really durable. I must've dropped it millions of times when I owned it and it still didn't break. The paint kind of scratched off a bit but nothing was wrong with the stuff inside it.

This pedal is pretty easy to use. I can get a pretty good sound out of it. When I used to play nu-metal and punk, I got really good sounds out of it in just a few quick seconds. You don't really need to use the manual unless you really want to.