MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: Musicians Choice

I am running it through a Ibanez grg170dx/yamaha pac412v to my crybaby, DigiTech Whammy 4, then th4e md-2 and a Behringer eq pedal to a Behringer GMX210 and a Marshall MG (yeah I know) and can surprisingly get a good alternative rock tone out of it. I can even get a metal tone if I fiddle around with the EQ. The pedal gets noisy when you turn the dist and gain boost up to max but its fairly quite. ican get a good Metallica tone to a good ol' Zeppelin tone from the pedal.

I mainly play matal to classic rock and this can handle it pretty well. I have been playing for about 2-3 years and I had this pedal for about 2 years. Great pedal. I do wih that I got to try out other pedals before I got this pedal because they didn't have much distortion pedals at the time but now do but still happy with my choice. If it got stolen I would just buy another one since its not like a expensive pedal or anything. I love every bit of it and only hate the colour a bit. My faorite feature is the chassis. But I wish it had different colour but other than that great pedal.

I could depend on it its made out of meal and I abuse this pedal in paticular and it only has a few paint cihips on it. I would (and do) gig with it without a backup. Never had to get ity repaired or whatnot. The only problems I had were the thumscrew and the LED but the LED was temporary and fixed itself.

Well I got this pedal for a nice rythm tone and I got it. The use of this pedal is very simple has a Level knob for controlling the volume, has a concentric knob for tone (treble) and bottom (bass), distrotion knob for the amount of gain/distortion wanted and a gain boost knob to boost the gain. Simple to reach the battery compartment because my thumscrew kept on getting stuck but still easy to access. The manual is easy to understand like everyother Boss manual.