MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: Sam Ash in NY

I play a Mexican Strat and have used the pedal on a Fender Frontman 212R, and a Hughes And Kettner Blue Edition 30. The pedal gets a little noisy, but it's not that bad. The distortion is always full and rich sounding. I like to play stuff like The Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, The Pixies, and Greenday. The distortion doesn't really fit what I like to play (except it's good for Green Day), but it's such a good pedal, I got it anyway. It would be a great pedal for punk and classic rock.

I've been playing for 4 years and and if it broke, I'd definately buy another one. When I got this pedal, I was actually thinking about getting a DS-1, but this pedal is 10 times better. In my opinion it's Bosses best distortion pedal and beats almost every other distortion for this price.

The thing is built like a rock. There's no need for a backup. I've dropped it numerous times and it's perfectly fine. It's very dependable.

This pedal is awesome. It's insanely easy to get a good a good sound out of it. There are 4 knobs: level (volume), tone and bottom tone, distortion, and gain boost. Basically the tone knob adjusts bass and treble. The bottom control gives more flexibility for the tone, and the distortion and gain controls are what adjust the amount of distortion. The manual is pretty much useless because the pedalis so easy to use, but it goves you a few pre-sets.

the_random_hero
    Ummmmm....for that bottom review, he's talking about something totally different. Somebody might want to move it to where it's meant to be =p
    Bille joe6
    Ive tried that pedal a couple of times its pretty good but i think the DS-1 is better. But thats my taste
    highway61
    i'm not a fan of this pedal. i tried it out and while i think its perfect for heavy rythms and such, when it comes to lead it is really lacking. the tone is usually buried behind the distortion, and this pedal knows not the meaning of subtle. its a great pedal for a certain styles, but i don't think its universal at all.
    sohter
    this is the first distortion pedal i have ever owned and the only complaint would be the back noise from cranking the distortion nob
    AsianPirate
    i upgraded to this monster from a DS-1. Best thing i've ever done in my entire life.