MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: academy of music

The sound is really good for metal when playing in drop D however with standerd tuning it doesn't have the sustain. I found that tapping wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be although I suppose it would be better with other equipment to support it like a decent amp. I was able to create a good System Of A Down sound but couldn't re-create Mudvayne or disturbed for some reason.

This is my first and only peddle so far but compared to my friends peddles it sounds and works allot better. So I'm glad a I purchased a Boss modle instead of one of those shoddy knock off's that just make a fuzz distortion or a high amount of Overdrive. Overall I'd say it was worth the 120 bucks I paid for it (I know it's cheaper everywhere else but my town only had one music store at the time).

Everything on the Machine is very durable except for 2 parts I had problems with. The knob that changes the bottom effect is stuck and refuses to move, my friend has some cream he says can fix it but I find it alittle annoying. Also the part that the battery attatches to is starting to go (probebly cause I've had it for 2 years and never bother'd to get an adapter) but I can't really blame them for that.

Pretty easy to use, still don't have an adapter but it runs pretty good just with a 9volt. The manual's got a pretty good guide to it, but it's simple enough that you don't really need it. I don't know if my pedal has a revision number or if it's been upgraded.

OfantesOvFire
    I used to have this pedal but I wasn't too happy with it. It can make alot of noise also. I ended up bringing this back to put money towards my wah pedal.
    intimaterocker
    intimaterocker wrote: i recently bought the boss DS1 and wish i had bought the DS2
    i meant MD2
    Jonnay
    I think im one on a few pedal, who totally hate this pedal. arrived yesterday and i spent all night playng with it, and even the presets sounded bad. its just fuzz.
    greasemonkey
    I'm trying to work out the differences between this and the Metal Zone, which i have. I assume this one just goes that extra step more suited to nu-metal. Any thoughts?
    footychimp
    Which is better for nu-metal, thrash, rock and punk... MT-2 OR MD-2 mega distortion...
    hellview_666
    i have this pedal and it works perfect for that muddy sorta nu-metal..tons and tons of distortion, but it definately doesnt suit my cureent playing style.
    footychimp
    How about thrash, metal, rock and punk sort of style? you know if this is better or mt-2