MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: eBay

I am using an ESP Ax-250 through a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor through the MD-2 through a Boss RC-2 Loop Station to a Laney MXD120 Hardcore Amplifier. For me this is the perfect setup. The MD-2 produces some noise on my extreme setting (level 12 o'clock, tone, bottom and gain maxed and distortion at 12 o'clock) but the tone is worth it. The bottom control lets it go down a la 7-string guitar with face-smashing distorion. I play mostly heavy hardcore metal and some drop tuned Death Metal and this pedal suits my needs perfectly. Not recommended though for lead players. If you, like me, are a rythmn player, then this is for you. I can get the sound of Slipknot, Arch Enmy and much more.

This is perfect for a rythmn guitarist as it gives you those chunky riffs you need most. I've been playing for 1.2yrs so maybe my experience doesn't count a lot but man you've got to have this pedal. It's a must for death and black metal. If someone stole this, I'd have gone after him with my other Boss and bashed him on the head until he gave it back but if he had a pedalboard of Boss effects I'd let him have it (can't risk getting hit with that thing). I'd definetly buy either this again or I'd try the new Boss ML-2, they say it's quite good. I only wish it had an eq with it, to make it even more versatile. But overall a great buy.

Hey man, it's an efing Boss. That means it's a tank. Boss = tank. Been around for 5 years, just a few scuffs on it. Man if my hammer broke I'd use this thing instead it's so well protected. I would use this in a gig no backup, no probs. You can stomp around on it till kingdom come and it would still work ok.

This pedal is a no brainer, just 5 knobs, level, tone, bottom, distortion, gain boost. Level controls the volume, tone is basically a mid sweep, bottom gives you more bass the more you crank it and the last 2 knobs give you gobs of distorion or gain. Quite easy to use and understand. Do not even need the manual.

Lainey
    I got this pedal. IT OWNS ALL. I think people become unsatisfied with it becomes of the background hum, not much you can do with that.....get rid of the hum and it sounds like crap. So I only use it as a solo pedal and I ****ing love it. My cry baby sounds wicked with it too. No complaints. Best solo ever. EVER! Got some recommendations for solo pedals like the metal zone and the turbo distortion and blah blah blah but this just kicks all of them into hyper space. If you want a solo pedal, you will NOT be disappointed. And it might even make you a little horny.
    Johnonon
    Shredy_Mc_shred : Get a metalzone! such a better pedal
    How about no, BOSS pedals are garbage for the money. EHX, Ibanez, and MXR make much better pedals for the money
    Elohel
    Why do people bother with buying pedals if they have digital modelling amps?
    HELLSHREDD
    This message goes out to all you jokers that say boss pedals are garbage, you should lay off the dope & eat some vitamins ya negative pricks.ive tried all boss pedals & recently purchased the ml-2 metalcore new for 2007 , its the best sounding pedal boss has ever created & if you dont believe me check it out on-line & compare for yourself ,if ya want the ultimate distortion pedal ML-2 is the route you wanna go!
    cultofthedamned
    Great pedal ive used it in hundreds of gigs many songs great for heavy metal and onwards i wouldnt suggest you'll try it with brutal metal or hell metal you will need digital delay and metal core distortion pedals for that but anyways its a great pedal for the cost which i bought at $85.45
    Vigil4nt_Kill3r
    im currentlt using an ESP AX-250 with a Line 6 Spider II 30 watt amp and i love it... amazing pedal. good for rythym guitar, but thats all i need ;D