MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: B&G Music

I got a 1965 Fender Mustang and a 1965 Gibson Melody Maker that I use through my board (other pedals and wah-wah) into a 200 watt Fender Studio 85 amp. Not very noisy (thanks to my MXR Smartgate). The effects are great when the level is at about 12 or 2 o'clock. I managed to get the sounds of Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and Slipknot sounds from that pedal itself.

I play rock and metal. Great for low end sounds. Gets the sound between rock and metal a little more specifically than the DS-2 Turbo Distortion. For playing 6 years I can't believe I haven't bought it a long time ago. If lost or stolen I would first try to find it, if not then yah I would probably buy it again. it's great. One thing I wish it had was a little bit more depth to the high tone, I seriously mean just a little.

Reliability??? Is that even worth asking? it's Boss, I mean com on it's nearly indestructable. On a gig definately, even without a backup. I've only one Boss pedal to fail me on stage and that was because some lunatic spilled his beer on it and it fried the circuit. Lucky I got it warrantied.

Ease of use... very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Read the manual. amp up. and find your sound. The manual gives you some starter settings, but I just find my own. This pedal took me a bit longer to find the right tone but it was well worth it. No upgrades that I'm aware of.

Guitarist2oo8
    All i can say is -IF YOU HAVE AN EPIPHONE SG G400 DO NOT BUY THIS PEDAL!!! I've never regretted buying something as much as i do for buying this pedal. Perhaps its just my setup looking at other peoples reviews/comments: but its really dreadful for me. The distortion it gives cant compete whatsoever with my amp's distorted tone's, the pedal sounds tinny, doesnt give a good lead tone, and it basically in my opinion couldn't be any worse than it is - but as i said, perhaps its just my setup - i play an epiphone sg g400 (high end epi sg) through a vox vt 30 amp (amazing amp btw) if u know a way to fix it tell me xD