MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Price paid: € 25

Purchased from: Huuto.net

I can't really get the sound of the bands I listen with the MD-2, since I listen mostly to metal and the metal sound of this pedal is just a bit too fuzzy for my taste. There comes a lot of noise as well, when you go heavier. I'd take MT-2 for metal and the MD-2 for some lighter music.

If my MD-2 was stolen or lost, I wouldn't get it again. It's not a good match with the music I listen to. In fact, I'm probably selling it with one of my amps. This pedal from Boss was a bit of a disappointment to me, but I'm still a fan of their products. The MT-2 is still the best pedal for metal I've had.

Well, it's Boss. High quality, very durable and lasting. If I liked the sound of this pedal more, I could definitely use it live without a backup. Like pretty much all of their pedals, the MD-2 looks like it will lasts years of misuse. Of course, I'd never recommend playing without a backup in the first place.

Being a fan of Boss' pedals, I bought the MD-2 used since I had never tried it before. It's as easy to use as their other pedals, but finding a good sound is not so easy. Like the name says, the MD-2 provides "mega distortion", which unfortunately also means a fuzzy sound (when you go heavier), even worse than the DigiTech Death Metal has. The lighter sounds are find though. I think it could work for something like grunge, but I'd take the DS-1 or DS-2 for that.