MD-2 Mega Distortion review by Boss

Boss: MD-2 Mega Distortion

Purchased from: Twin Village Music

The distortion knob adds crunchy, hard distortion and the gain boost knob adds nice smooth, tube distortion. When you have both knobs all the way down the pedal is almost clean. Then put them all the way up and you have the most distortion you can possibly get from a pedal. Its not very noisy. I have a Schecter Diamond series 006 deluxe running thru the MD-2 Mega Distortion thru some DigiTech pedals then to my Fender FM65R amp. It is an amazing, full distortion tone and I can easily get avenged sevenfold stuff from it. This pedal is perfect for everything from light distortion to raging metal.

I play mainly metal and hard rock. Bullet for my vallentine and avenged sevenfold kind of stuff. This pedal is perfect. I even can play stuff like bring me the horizon and as blood runs black on this pedal. Its unbeatable! I've been playing for 6 months and I also own a DigiTech cf-7 chorus, df-7 distortion, and a digidelay. I would definitely buy this pedal again if it was stolen and then kick the crap out of the guy who stole it. I love the distortion of it. I hate nothing of it. My favorite feature is the bottom knob. I compare this to a metal zone and a metal core. This wins easily. I wish it had a mid control so I could mess with those, but I don't like mids in my mix so this pedal is perfect because its already pretty mid-scooped.

I've already dropped it a couple times and it didn't even scratch let alone break. These Boss pedals are tanks! I'm switching from DigiTech to Boss for sure. I haven't had any gigs yet except for at school just messin around with friends but I definitely wouldn't have to have a backup. This pedal is so reliable I bet I'll I could give this to my kids when I have some. My guitar teacher has a bunch of Boss pedals too. He bought his like 15 or 20 years ago and his still are working great.

You can't get a bad tone out of this pedal. Seriously. Maybe if you max everything but then it still sounds pretty good, just kinda makes ur amp cry because there's so much distortion haha the tone of this pedal is also very versatile. Its called Mega distortion but that doesn't mean that you can't make Overdrive tones from it. Its so amazing. With just one Boss pedal you can make a whole array of different distortion sounds. The manual is also very easy to read. Ha it even gives you some example settings. My favorite setting is bottom at 2:00 tone at 1:00 dist at 12:30 and gain boost at 9:30. It gives you the ultimate metal tone and your palm mutes just roar. Its insane.

oxymoronicman
    Jonnay wrote: I think im one on a few pedal, who totally hate this pedal. arrived yesterday and i spent all night playng with it, and even the presets sounded bad. its just fuzz.
    I feel the same way. My friend has it and after listening to it, it just sounded like fuzz