ME-20 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-20 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Daddys Junky Music

My setup is a Ibanez ARC-100 played through a Fender FM 212R and it sounds great with this pedal. You get the same sound as if you were playing with the Boss stomp boxes. You get 6 different OD/DS. Overdrive, blues, distortion, metal, fuzz, and compressor. 5 mods. Chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo, and rotary. Then 3 delays. A 0-99ms delay, a 100-700ms delay, and reverb. Then you have the expression pedal which can be used as a wah wah pedal or a volume pedal. It defaults to volume but you can save it in memory mode so it defaults to wah. Each effect sounds like the Boss stompbox for the same purpose. It is a very nice sounding pedal.

I play classic rock, hard rock, metal, grunge and this pedal covers all the above and more. I have been playing for a few years and used to have a bunch of stompboxes. I was sick of dancing on the pedals so I got this which has them all in one compact unit. If it was stolen I would hunt down whoever took it and if I had too buy it again in a heartbeat. The best feature is how easy it is to use. You don't have to be a rock scientist to get the sound you are looking for. It may not have the same amount of features of some of the more expensive multi-effects pedals but it beats them all in ease to you and destroys the other pedals in the same price range. If you are looking for a easy to use cheap pedal that has great sound and features the Boss ME-20 is for you.

I must say this thing is built like a tank. I stomp it hard everytime and it hasn't given out on me. It is made of all metal and can take what you throw at it. The expression pedal is built the same way. I would gig this thing no problem without even thinking of getting a backup.

Out of the box this thing has got 30 preset settings. They are worth taking a listen to a found a few that I like. For making your own effects it couldn't be easier. You press the button to edit either your OD/DS, mod, delay, or the EQ then you start turning the knobs. The effect setting is instantly changed. Once you make some sounds you like you can then save them to memory mode with the press of a few buttons. I generally leave the basic distortion and effects I like on the real time setings then when I want specific sounds I save them to memory mode.