ME-20 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-20 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Music Machine

This pedal set has a vast majority of styles you can replicate. If you aren't very creative, the friendly people at Boss have mad presets for you to use. The effects are very strong and distinct, and can be tooled to match anything. Your amp is not involved at all with the sound, so you can play it on any amp. There are some recommendations for your amp's treble, middle, and bass settings. The effects overall are amazing! The only problem, is that the feedback is way to overpowering and loud with a high level of Drive on the OSD/Solo channel. The volume can either be adjusted by the Wah/volume pedal or your amp. I recommend that you start out with the volume pedal on max, along with the master volume knob, then adjust your amp volume.

I play a wide variety of music from Stevie Ray Vaughn to Arch Enemy, and I have found a perfect match for that and everything in between. I have been playing seriously for 2 1/2 years, and have a Fender Frontman 25R amp, and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. If this was stolen, I wouldn't be able to buy another one because I would kill myself. But, if I resisted the urge, I would definitely purchase another one. I just love the fact that it has such a variety of sounds and neat things to do with it. I played scales up and down the freeboard for about 30 to 45 minutes playing scales, only because the delay kept my attention. I looked at the ME-30 and ME-50, but those were a little bit too complex for me. I would sacrifice a few effects for the ability o use my pedal upon opening it. I believe that for an affordable guitar pedal, this is he way to go.

This pedal is extremely tough! You could smash your guitar on the pedal, and it will survive (the pedal). I can't say much for the guitar, except that I hope it can withstand a few crushing blows to a full metal box. I would use this, and only this at a show mainly because it is pure metal, and it has easy access to each setting, and can easily be adjusted by yourself while on stage, all thanks given to the memory banks. If it really came down to it, beat off raging fans with this, it will work much better than anything else taht you could carry with one hand.

Honestly, the most confusing part of the pedal is which part of the main foot-Switch is the front. I have had it for a few hours, and I have mastered it. I'm not very tech savvy, and It only took a quick skim throughout the diagrams and tables to figure out how to work all the effects and memory banks. Finding a good sound really depends on what you like, but if it is rock and roll, you can make it happen!

bassmasterak
    i got the me-20 for bass and it is the best pedal i have ever used, i was happy to see it got its proper recognision cuz i havnt seen anyone cover it since i got mine...its great i highly recomend to anyone who doesnt have one to get one
    jamstation
    i like the concept of a "rock scientist".. but yeah.. boss multi FX pedals... goes without sayin.. they're good
    Phe4rTheGod
    i personally like the zoom pedal...ive used it quite alot and that little thing rocks...
    pEdAl2
    It'd be a whole lot better if it had an FX loop for the 4 connection method. I was looking into getting one until I found that out. Considering it's supposed to be for live playing with an amp that is a pretty big oversight.
    in*limbo
    i might be getting one next month for round about 115. I had a test of it in store and some of the pre-sets are awesome. its a must id say.
    E V H 5150
    I personally thinks it's better to just save up $100 more and go for the ME-50. You're getting 30 more effects for $100, which includes 4 reverb types, unique delays (volume-swell delay, stereo panning delay, the HOLD feature, tap-tempo), more mod effects (Panning, 2 stereo choruses, harmonizer, Uni-Vibe) more expression options (Resonance, Voice, Ring Mod, Octave + and Octave . If you're looking for basic effects, this might be more suitable if you want a multi-effects unit to save space and money. But if you're really serious about effects, and shaping your tone, you might want to look into getting an ME-50 instead. If you have the money, you'll be looking at a GT-8.
    RockerNo.21
    Under_Score247 wrote: i got the ME-50..
    So did I. The ME-50 has a few more effects to choose from. It looks better as well.
    ApihBlind
    Get the predecessor ME-33 instead of this.The ME-33 have a RING,WAH-WAH,VOLUME and bunch other stuff.It Also come with tuner.Or the GT-8 if ya have the moolah
    turbonegro111
    whats the difference between the me-20 n the me-50? i'm considering getting one so someone help please
    cukd7x-a2-
    50 i a whole lot more effects and a more complex set up, and i believe it has something to do with memory settings
    aeon20k
    i have the me-8 i want to upgrade damnit i suck at setting up the me-8 but this looks a little easier seeing as it has KNOBS intead of the stupid -50/50 crap
    kk1603
    I have a ME-50 also. I think it is the best. Everything you need for live. Easy to use is the most important feature. No programming if you do not need to. Programming if you do. The only thing missing is the Speaker simulation if you want to run directly into a Mixer.
    Wiland
    i gotz the me 50 as well good pedal for a good price, but theres this one zoom pedal my friend has thats a lot cheaper and in my opinion the best multi effects pedal for like under 200 bucks! but the me 50 still better but costs alot more...
    Dave Gilmour
    I have a 50 as well, I think they're fantastic for the amount you pay. Obviously singular pedals sound better, but this conserves money, time and space. There's just so much jammed into this pedal.
    Edde
    This looks good as a cheaper version of the me50, with a few less effects etc but retaining most of the 50's essentials (chorus, delay, multiple distortions)
    fretsonfire74
    this looks sweet. i would get it, im looking for a multi effects, but im getting a tele, so i think its gona be this and a tubescreamer.
    ThatGuy177
    I just got one of these for christmas, it's one of the easiest and best sounding guitar pedals ever.