ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects

Price paid: C$ 160

Purchased from: Long&Mcquade

The sound is really good, I use a crappy Fender Squier Strat modified with a Seymour Duncan humbucker, APH-6? can't remember. I also use an OKAY not bad amp - Fender Frontman 15R -- it's an OKAY amp, don't buy it unless you are really broke though. The pedal can get very VERY Digital if you mess too much on the drive. And the effects are really good, and it has a wide viriaty of effects. I can get the sound of Slash from a strat, ridiculous but, with this thing, you can do it! The distortion is okay, it can totally range depending on your experience setting EQs, my friend for example, totally sucks at EQs and makes his pedal sound like !#$@!#.

I play mainly metal, rock, and a lot of Guns and roses, and maybe some Scorpions, this pedal can do anything ( Again: Only if you know how to use EQs well ) I've been playing electric for 1 year and a half and Acoustic for one year, and I also own a Boss ML-2, I like combining the both of them, you can get really cool distortions, and more combinations, I also recommend having you to use it with overdrive, it makes it more natural. If it were stolen or lost, I would have simply killed the man who stole it, or just buy another one, whichever happens to come first. I love it's capability to copy amplifiers and effects, and I hate it's digital-ness, over some of the effects, like Harmony and maybe the wah. The Wah is very good at some points, but you need to mess for hours with those EQs =.= I think the me 70 would have been much better, but only the me 25 can record, so I guess they both contain their own good points. I wish it was easier switching between effects ( when you are using another pedal within it ) But that is all. Overall this pedal is great for starters and intermediate, for pros, i mean, what the hell? Go buy all the effects in single pedals and make yourself exhausted by carrying them.

Can I depend on it? -- Yeah, sure. Unless if you are gonna kick it or something, but can you get retarded enough to kick it? I wouldn't use it without a backup, I'd always get a backup just in case. Although it's solid as a tank, and it's really heavy ( for a pedal ) It still looks like it can break.

I bought this pedal because it simple is awesome, my friend had also one of these, so one day, he let me try, and I liked it. It's really REALLY easy to use-- but you should have already a bit of experience setting EQs, otherwise, this pedal sounds like !##@. You can edit patches extremely easy, there are many effects you can choose from, and you become really natural at using it later, and the manual is great, has a lot of pictures, and is easy to understand.