ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Local Store

I own a Laney Cub 10, All tube amp, and this thing sounds great with it, I do not use Amp modulation when playing with my Laney, It sounds really good, the effects are mostly usable, Sometimes I feel that the Overdrive tone had a little more punch, would have made it a lot better. Chorus, Flanger, Wah & Delay on this are lovely, T Screamer, Fuzz, OD and Metal Distortions are good, Acoustic Simulator effect is Awesome.. Overall I can get decent tones off it, but I do not depend on the factory patches, I make my own and I am pretty happy with the Tones I get off it, I use a Strat copy and this pedal makes it sound awesome, I also have a ESP EX 260 with SD SH4 pups, it sounds beautiful... In the preamp section I must say, it nails the Marshall Vintage and Modern tones, Dual Rectifier sounds are superb...

I have been playing for the last 4 years, I play, Blues, Rock, Country, Metal (Sometimes) and it is just what I want, I get really great bluesy tones off it.I wish this thing had a Send / Return to add additional external pedals, however it wouldn't matter much, can be worked out (We Indians are about Workarounds, we somehow find a workaround, that becomes a permanent solution....LOL). That Black body of it looks super solid. I tried RP 355, 255, ME 70, and Vox TL SE, The RP stuff just wasn't for me, I must say the RP's have a lot of features, but I wanted good tone, which the RP's failed to deliver imo. Tonelab ST was great, but it didn't have a good Metal tone and had quiet a few limitations, ME 70 was awesome but was out of my budget. So I got the ME 25, I really like the Super Stack Option, It adds a tight bottom end to the overall tone giving it a Huge Stack like tone... Go for it, if you need a decent pedal with great tones.

It is made of Metal, Rock Solid, Nothing on this pedal looks like it would fall apart, I am sure, it can hold onto a lot of abuse.

It took me around 20 minutes to figure out how this works, and once you get a hang of it, working with this pedal is a breeze. I didn't like all of the patches on it, however you can get really decent sounds with some tweaking. This pedal is simple to use and the Manual helps too. Factory presets are ok, but I do love some of the factory presets, overall great tone out of the box.

sushant2095
    ME-25 is kickass! Probably better than the Line 6 Floor Pod Plus. Also, the ME-70 has no acoustic simulator and USB. ME-50 is just a piece of crap. They all are tank-like! Great tone. BOSS never lets anyone down. Line 6 Floor Pod Plus too is okay. But not THAT good. They all have different pros and cons. Digitech processors? They're all crappy. That's all I can say. Analogs are good. Digitals are great if you have a tight budget.
    Powerslave2
    Hay I play now with a Fender Squire and an Peavey Bandit-112. Is this Boss ME-25 a good purchase for me or will it sound too digital? After reading this info, i still don't know what to choose. Boss offcourse, but what pedal? ME25 or ME50. Thanks
    RocKslAsh
    hey RocKsTarS, which is better for a stage performance .... Boss ME-25 or RP255 ? plz need genuine help..keep Rocking
    guitar-noob=P
    Right i've got this pedal, it has great sound. I've even managed to get crazy effects like those used in audioslave's "Like a stone" but i have one question, it says on the pedal "Use Boss PSA Adaptor only" Why is that? will i actualy damage my pedal using current adaptor or is it only so you will buy more Boss products? Because its eating batteries weekly.
    amaansy
    i have dean-vendetta-xmt and its amp. M-10 will boss me 25 be good for it
    _Goblynz_
    can individual pedals like digitech ex-7, boss cs3, bf3, rv5, ge7, dd7 connect together with me-25 to create a good sound?....will the combination be good?
    Gamingoverlord
    Guys, do any of u know if there is a website or something where I can find more library sounds for the me-25? so far all i've found was a goth pack and another pack, both from the Boss website. Are there any other ones people have made and then uploaded? I'm looking for metal ones if possible. If any of you know please PM me, i've been searching for ages to no avail entering every keyword i can think of in google. please help