ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: PMT

Before I got this I was using a basic modelling amp and I got this only as an additional feature for that. But now I barely use my actual amp...I just plug this straight out into headphones or speakers. When I'm recording you can get a good sound by running it through and amp with no effects on, gives it a nice warm essence. The noise suppressor is very good and I hardly ever get any hiss. The effects are all very realistic especially the harmoniser which is just cool. In terms of other peoples sounds, it does that too. For a Muse type sound the fuzz is incredible. There is an intelligent harmoniser for a Queen type sound and the is even an Acoustic simulator!

I play a range of music from quite heavy rock to a nice mild bluesy crunch and it always sounds perfect. I have been playing 5 years with a cheapy Jim Deacon strat copy which I shall soon be replacing with a nice tele. If it were stolen I would defiantly get one again. The model up (ME-70) is alot more expensive and there isn't a huge difference in them so there's not much point. I would buy this over any other multi fx pedal. Because Boss are the best. Not Line 6, they are rubbish. BOSS!

Just by looking at you can tell its built like an absolute tank. In the middle of a song when I need to quickly change sound I often just kick the pedal for it to change and there is no damage what-so-ever, looks brand new. I would definitely use this without backup. Never let me down.

The 60 built in memory presets that came with it are actually really good and I've never had to properly overwrite them with my own sounds. I've only had to tweak the treble and gain to get my sound. It seems to have every music genre type sound you could need. To edit the sounds it is very easy and even though it came with an instruction manual, I've only used it to look up the effects list. There is additional software you can download for free where you can edit the patches on the computer but I don't have much need for it.

xbsjason
    This is the first pedal I picked up, very happy with it so far, no complaints from me for the price and versatility.
    Plan009
    Tried this before buying my Vox Tonelab. Thought this sounded decent, then I tried the Vox and realized I didn't have to settle for decent when I could simply get the Tonelab instead.
    YgO
    Is this Boss ME-25 a good purchase for me or will it sound too digital?
    I was using my Boss Metal Zone MT-2 with a solid state amp, switched to this, which sounds just as good or better and can get more of a tube amp tone. It just takes a while to dial in a tone that you'll like. Start with a preset one you like, then just start tweaking.
    can individual pedals like digitech ex-7, boss cs3, bf3, rv5, ge7, dd7 connect together with me-25 to create a good sound?....will the combination be good?
    No problem using with other pedals. Also, you can easily program it to make it easy to play live if you've got a set list... just store your main sound/tone multiple times with various effects in between in the order you'll play them.
    MrClean76
    READ THIS! Thin sound, really thin!! Used it 1 hour with a marshall tube 100w and peavey classic 30. Went staight back to my old ME-50. Mayby the ME-25 is useble with a computer or a small amp for home use. No punch at all for the real deal!!