ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Long & Mequades

For this product I use both my Ibanez guitars (ART100, SA260FM) they sounds great with all the patches. The Effects are great all of them can be used and all of them are bright and full. Although, I did notice that some of the clean patches had distortion on it which, if you ask me defeats the purpose of CLEAN. But, small adjustments and they were good to go. The first patch I tweaked I believe was #12. I just added a little distortion and Drive and it sounds almost identical to Trivium, the sound on the "In Waves" Album. I have arrange all of the patches so I can't say which number they were but I only use 2 distortions and 1 clean, but I have another clean with a little more delay just incase.

I mainly play metal and there are a lot of metal patch some with high gain and some with low gain and more crunch. This product is very versatile and can be used for any genre of music. I have been playing this for about 2 months and I love it, I have not looked back to my Pandora PX4D box since. If this was stolen I would probably get the ME-70 just because it pretty much the same thing and then some. I only got the ME-25 cause I needed a new foot switch multi-effect pedal and the price was right. My favorite feature is the effects pedal, you can use it for Volume (which is what I use mainly) or you can use +1 Octave or -1 octave and a Wah pedal. I did compare it to other product, I wish I went for the Line 6 POD HD-500 but I couldn't afford it then and some time soon I will go out and get the HD-500 but will still use the ME-25.

This Product I can depend on 100% I have been using it everyday since day 1 and its still running strong. The effect pedal is strong and durable. All the buttons and knobs are securely in place and without a doubt I step on them hard and fast and they are still at 100%. I have not used it live yet, but I would use it and I would not bring a back-up but, saying the least, I would strongly suggest that you get the AC adaptor rather than using batteries. On that note, I used this product with batteries and it lasted almost a week playing it for 6+ hours a day.

This Product is very good with sounds. There is a large array of Default sounds from clean, clean metal, distortions, crunch, flangers etc. I found a sound almost immediately and just tweaked a few things hear and there and got the sound I wanted. Editing patches is simple. I did not use the Manual at all for this product. Editing the patch is as simple as press 2 buttons at the same time and turning the knobs you want to change. I did take a quick look at the manual for one thing I wanted to look for and it was not in there, I had to search it on Youtube to find the answer. My unit has been upgraded. It comes with a program for you computer where you can input new sounds or output sounds you don't want. In that program you can also organize the sounds in the order you want them. This program is really cool and helpful an I highly recommend this product.

cian2d2
    LivinJoke84 wrote: Can you have more than one modulation on, say have distortion and flange, switch to just distortion then switch back to distorion and flange at the press of a pedal i.e mid song? Im thinking for stuff like The Killers
    yup ya program them into the sound library and when ya want to switch press the memory pedal
    rockerdudesg
    the me-25 does sound good. my friend has one and makes it sound awesome, but you would be better buying off a rp355 for the effect AND preset switching system. it sounds less electric and more full, better tone = RP355