ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-25 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Music Store

My fav setup has Clean or Twin Preamp and MetalCore distortion effect with lots of gain and the EQ is set to cut out mids. This patch is awesome for Hi Gain Mesa Boogie-like metal sounds and it can beat the naturality of analog (not tube) technology. I use similar patch for soloing, I just add some mid, and a bit short delay (about 300-400 msec) and sometimes I use Wah effect or the insane, amazing Harmonizer.

This effect has everything what you need, all of the greatest effects containing Harmonizer, Octave Bend, 3 layered, 38 second phrase loop, Freeze, Short, long and tap delay, wah-wah, etc. There is only one problem: there are no banks, the patches are in a linear row, and you can only have an UP and a DOWN button two switch between them. This can be a huge problem on stage for guys using lots of sounds within one song. I recommend it for you if you use only 2 or 3 patches within one song and you don't have enough money for an analog effect-loop. If you meet this requirements this effect will serve you well.

I can depend on it, it is made of heavy material. It won't let you down, made to last, and can be used on stage. The display is red and visitable well in total darkness and in light as well. The expression pedal is big enough, comfortable and moves easily, not as easily as Crybaby, but in Volume and Octave Bend mode it would cause problems if the pedal got out of position by little effects.

Making good patches with ME-25 is as simple as breathing. I think it takes 1 hour to learn to use it on a master level. It has only a two digit 7-segment display, but thanks to the designers it is enough, and it doesn't complicate issues but makes editing easier!

RndyW0
    I have used a both the Boss ME-50 and ME-70 before, I use a pedal board now with a lot of effects on there. If you have the money or the patience to get a good distortion pedal, good amp and then build up enough to get a board I would recommend that way more than multi-fx. Jack of all trades, master of none...literally
    joash1993
    Hello, I am trying to make up my mind between this and KORG ax3000g or the ZOOM G2.1nu ? I am quite new to pedals so any thoughts and advice will be cool, I play song mainly pop, guitar driven, rock, gospel, blues etc...nothing heavy metal I would say. Thanks in advance
    thatsampsonguy
    Some of these comments are humorous! I hope noone thinks any pros use these, or any other, all-in-one, multi effects pedals at gigs! For what it is the ME 25 is fantastic. I don't think this pedal was ever designed to be giged. Nor do I think any multi effects pedal is. I play this little effects box through a fender blues jr., Marshall MG30fx with effects turned off, and the battery powered Fender mini tone master at home. It is spectacular. The neighbors love it when I use it in the backyard fooling around. However for gigs buy a pedalboard and/or your own individual pedals. That way you get professional results and are not married to one manufacturers sounds. I like boss but I like mxr too for example. Can't find that special combo of sounds from them in one effects box.