ME-30 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-30 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: ebay

Well I run this through my Peavey Bandit 65 and use mainly a Kramer Baretta or an 80's contemporary strat. I think that the flanger is absolutely awesome and you can really get an EVH tone from it. Not so sure about the reverb it seemed a bit weak at times although I don't use a lot of reverb anyway.

I love Rock music and am a big Randy Rhoads/EVH fan which effects exactly what settings I tend to use on this. I really think that this is worth getting and can't say that I think the newer multi effects from Boss are any better. It did irritate me that it was battery operated so being in the UK I had to hunt down an adapter and get a voltage converter for it. I also don't like the fact that Boss don't seem to acknowledge that they ever made this product so resources are hard to come by. Overall though the unit is absolutely excellent and does everything I want and more and I would not hesitate to buy another if I were to lose it.

Well it was second hand when I got it and I must say I have had absolutely no problems with it, really seems to be able to do pretty much everything I ask of it, I would not hesitate to use it at a gig, and have done so a couple of times.

Well I have to say that as this was a second hand unit I bought from ebay that came with no instructions I found it very easy to use, within about an hour I had all my favourite preset sounds figured out and after a couple of days I was switchin effects mid song like I had owned it forever. Editing the patches was more complicated tho however I imagine with an instruction manual it's pretty simple.

tedhellcaster
    the thing i hate about this pedal is that i can't use it on a dark stage. the LCD is glow in the dark, yet not enough to be visible on a dark stage