ME-30 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-30 Guitar Multiple Effects

Price paid: A$ 91

Purchased from: eBay

Sound is very good. I use an Onyx Custom Craft strat, Boss ME-30, Gorilla 30 watt amp. All of the effects are great although the wah could be better. It does have a great sound for a wah no screech or static but it's no Crybaby. It's great though as there is almost any effects as it comes with 30 pre set effects and 30 user effects which you can make and customize. There is also manual (which I use the most) which is like 5 stomp boxes and a wah/ volume pedal all in one! No extra pedals and wires to carry around!

For the style of music I play it's great (I'm not sure what style of music is that Rage Against The Machine plays, effect rap music). But yeah it's good although the wah as I've said before is not a Crybaby. I've been playing for 3 years and this was my first effect pedal and it was perfect for me when I first got it and still I have no problems with it. I wasn't to much into RATM before I bought this but I do wish that I spent a bit extra to buy tom morellos pedal setup lol but this is great!

I would definetly use it in a gig without a backup, except I would take a Crybaby along with me for my type of music. It is only made of plastic but it's quite strong, I've put all my weight on it the wah pedal (I'm not fat) so the wah holds 40kg. Well UG won't let me post this review because I have to write more stuff in here so I'm just writing his very long sentence lol it's not actuall that long but I have to write this so UG will let me post it. Well have fun and read on (there is no more of these stupid extra sentences if you read on).

Very easy if you have the manual (which you can get off the internet). Although it very straight forward. Plug it in, turn it on and turn it up! I would recommend for anyone buying their first pedal although they don't make them anymore as I got mine, you can get them off eBay. They retail for $400 or so AUD and I got mine for $90 AUD bargain!

armouredspunge
    Decent, but I should have bought something a little more basic //6 you gave it 6 because you bought the wrong pedal? or gave it 6 because it isn't great?
    Coldmystery
    This thing was great when I bought it, i dont remember exactly but maybe 1999-2001 somewhere.... It is piss poor compared to what they make now but it served it's purpose. Sturdy as hell
    Rushworshiper92
    I bought this of some random guy online and it was really dirty and had some wear marks but he was selling it for $80. I brought it home and I use it all the time, of course I cleaned it up and it was good as new. Overall a great pedal, very good distortion for metal might I add...I get a very good Zakk Wylde tone with it