ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Piedog.com

Ok, so Boss state it isnt a modeler, good point. It isn't but the preset model types are named after different types of peddles such as the screamer and the Fuzz Face, both classic peddles. Then adapt the sound. It's easy, sounds brilliant, It puts the old 30 Watt Marshall to shame! The effects are cutting and depending on depth they can be altered to just a background noise to a sweeping pyscadelic sound which makes your guitar sound like a ray gun! All the effects are brilliant, top notch! I have got so far, A perfect Clapton sound, Pumpkins sound, Hendrix sound and Slayer sound. These are all very different artists from different genres you will agree but the ME-50 does it all! Particular effects which are supreme are the Screamer modeler, The Boss HM-2 Modeler and the tremelo but they are all soooooo good!

For a guitarist who will play all styles of rock, metal, blues and anything he can get his hands on its a perfect match because it does it all. However ounce purchased and having had the thing for a while now I wish to start buying seperates so I can have those for gigging and I can customise my own tone!

Ok, so it's perfect when it comes to ease and sound but something holds me back on this peddle and it is a fault found with many a peddle. It chews through batterys, My option was to buy aload of rechargables and bam! Problem solved but if you dont have the means for this type of equipment then seriously think about the purchase. Also all the peddles seem week due to them being made of plastic, Stamp on them too hard and that peddle board has gone. I would gig with this peddle board as it will stand up to a beating and at my finger tips I can alter my set if we have a song request or a change in playlist.

Looking at the peddle first off you feel like screaming, so many dials. There are more than 12 different overdrive/distortion models but give yourself some time, select a model, then adapt the drive, tone, low end and treble as you would on a normal effects pedel, can't be any simpler. That goes for the rest of the pedles, select the type of effect, adapt it to your taste! Can't be easier, however, the expression peddle is a problem when changing from volume to expression as it requires quite a stomp to change between modes. There is a manual which is ok, but I never really look at manuals! This peice is easy as pie to use!