ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

The Muff, Govner and Rat are excellent choices for emulating guitar greats. I play the Govner with Angus and I feel as if I am on stage next to him. Jury is still out on chorus, I have to find the right setting, but I know its there. The OD-2 can get some great sounds. I am not much of a metal head, so the MT-2 isn't appealing to me, just sounds like a DS-1 through a Wah, overrated. I am not too crazy about the Tube Scream, the mids sound too strong. Also I have a GE-7 to punch clarity. I also have a Boss volume and Morley Wah to compensate this set up. Rocktron Nitro pushes it a little closer to the edge, as well as an Aphex Exciter.

I've played about 24 years. I have several vintage guitars. I play electric blues. I sold all my stomp boxes to simplify and I bought this over the GT-6. I don't understand why you would want to subject yourself to a website (GT-6) just to figure out how to use your effect. This is much simpler. The simplicity is where the unit is at. I still have pedalboard spillover, but this is the heart of my sound. Even the MXR sounds perfect.

This is absolutely 100$ reliable. Punch your personal settings and you are good to go.

Very simple to get good sound out of it. I run 3 different variation overdrives before it to get different variations.