ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

I'm using this with an Epiphone Sg. I have an Danelectro Black Paisly Distortion and Crybaby Classic Wah, both of which sound pretty good. I find myself using the ME-50 over these two. This is mainly because its easier to use, rather than sound quality, but the ME-50 sounds great. It gets noisy (mainly the metal settings), but its not unbearable, and the built in noise gate can handle most of it. I can get a good sound for just about every genre of music, at least most genres I know. I can get some nice distortion settings for metal, rock, classic rock, indie. There are some great clean sounds to be had aswell, if you use the reverb and different modulation effects. The Tone modify is nice, but I normally keep it in one position. I dont think any of the effects are neccisarily bad. I'm playing through a solid-state amp, and I cant wait to try this thing through a tube amp. I play any stle of music, but mainly metal and metalcore and I can get some pleasing sounds out of this.

I've been playing for over 3 years, and play many styles of music, but mainly metal and metalcore. I use this with an Epiphone SG and Marshall MG 50. I also have a Danelectro Black Paisly distortion and Dunlop Classic Wah. I looked into this pedal pretty extensively before getting it, and I can't say I'm dissapointed. It hardly breaks the bank, and you can get some really great tones out of it. If it were lost or stolen, then I'd either buy it again or save the money for a new amp. Or buy both because, put simply, this thing rocks!

It feels sturdy, and its pretty heavy aswell. I think this would last a while, providing I dont abuse it. I haven't gigged with it as of yet, but I think it could last without me needing a backup. It doesn't come with a power supply, but it does some with batteys. I've only ever used the power supply, so I dont know how fast it goes through batteries.

This thing is a good little unit. The pre-made patches arnt that great, but it takes a minute to find a good sound, and then 5 seconds to save that sound over one of the patches. So in a matter of about half an hour you can overwrite all the 30 premade patches with 30 of your own. And they can be accesed pretty easy aswell. It stores the patches in banks of three, so unless you need more than three differnt sounds for a song, you'll be alright. The manual that comes with it is good, but you dont really need unless you want to do really complicated things.