ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

I use it with my Marshall amp and American Fender Strat it sounds amazing you do get some noise with the siglecoils but thats where the noise gate comes in handy the effects all sound good to me apart from that a few are better than others. I can get that Chili Peppers sound easily with this so overall a great sound.

I play lots of rock stuff and this Machine can pull off pretty much any type of music. I am fully satisfied with the product and if it were stolen again then I would buy the same one even if I could afford the GT8 because of the ME-50'S ease of use.

I can deffinitley depend on this Machine because it is made as solid as they come. Not like any Zoom or DigiTech stuff that's made of cheap plastic. In fact if there was a nuclear war the only things left on the earth would be Cockroaches and Boss products.

The ease of use is the best thing about this Machine. It has no complicated menues and its just like using a row of stomp boxes. It is easy to make new patches but I don't really use them because you don't need to when the effects are so easy to use without them. I've only browsed the manual but it looks good to me.

cfcfan
    I have a Marshall AVT275, Fender strat USA series and use the Boss ME-50 fx processor. The other guitarist in our band has exactly the same equipment as me apart from the fx processor. He uses a Boss GT6 and goes through the fx loop whereas I go through the front of my amp. Never been a problem until this week when we needed to turn the volume up a notch to match our new drummer who is a lot louder than the previous one. When I turned my volume up to match the other guitarist I got awful feedback so I tried going through the fx loop. Seemed great until I introduced the tremelo which was so weak it wasn't noticeable and my programmed banks that had distortion/overdrive were all clean?? I have been to 3 music shops and each adviser has given me a different set up, including connecting the send from the rear of the amp to the input on the front of the amp with the fx loop returns connected to the ME-50 outputs. If I didn't have the sense to turn all volumes down beforehand the high pitched sound that came out as I went to turn up might well have deafened me so God knows what it would have done to the amp! Any suggestions? Please bear in mind the following: It is nothing to do with single coil pickups as the other guitarist has the same. I do not have the master volume on ME-50 too high. I have contacted Roland/Boss customer support and finally, I am not technically minded so an idiots guide will be appreciated. Many thanks.
    NiK-117
    sumguy67
    NiK-117 wrote: id like to ask, i have NO effects, except a Cry baby. my amp has a distortion but hey, what amp doesnt. are the distortions on the ME-50 good enough from someone who uses it alot, or should i buy a ds-2/os-2.
    i have the me-50 and it has plenty of distortion. it has 22 distortion settings and 4 knobs to vary the sound. it ranges from light overdrive all the way to turbo metallic. is sounds really awesome. the only problem i have with it is that the batteries run out pretty quickly and when they get to half power an annoying "B" flashes and it makes it difficult to use the tuner. overall i give the pedal a 9.6 ;