ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

My setup is either a Fender Strat HSH with Swinesheads or an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a Vox 100 watt combo, and when I added the Boss I had everything I needed. It's a little noisy on the higher distortion settings (octave fuzz), but is controllable with the noise gate feature. I can get all the sounds of my favorite artists: Billy Corgan, Tom Morello, Jimmy Paige, Kurt Cobain, Steve Vai, SRV, Clapton, Henderix, and many others. It comes with multiple distortions and overdrives that stay true to their organic tone. The chorus, flanger, phaser, rotary, and other modulation effects are beautiful. There is a handful of delays too, and the expression pedal w/ wah, rotary, volume, and octave settings is a blessing to have.

I play all styles and it matches very well. I've been playing near two years, and it's my second multi effects, and probably my last. I'd certainly buy another. Theres so much I love, but probably its ease of use. There isnt any menu scrolling that is typicall of DigiTech MEs. The expression pedal rocks, the tones, sounds, effects that are replicated by the Boss ME-50 are unimaginable. Get out there and try one.

Very reliable, great dependability, deffinately better than the cheapo plastic DigiTech I have now! Take it to gigs is a must!

The ease of use is incredible on the Boss ME-50. With the turn of a knob you can Switch between several different effects and manipulate them to satisfy your need. There are endless posibilities in this extremley versatile processor. There are editable banks, each with 3 patches that are preset to one of the three stop pads on the Boss ME-50. This means you can have three different effects in one set. The manual does a good job of explaining how to work it, but I hardly referenced it.

Agent_00Funk
    Boss ME-50 is a great all around pedal, im easily getting brutal metal tones from it, considering its plugged into a 1964 Fender Vibro Champ amp and a 90's Peavey Bandit 112.
    mattboomboom
    Ithink the first review is great, i'm looking to get a boss ME-50 multi-effcts pedal and that first review really helped me decide that i wanted to get it! cheers
    TobiasFn
    DIGITAL EFFECTS BOARDS SUX.... all you need is a tubescreamer a crybaby a supervibe and af T-rex mudhoney and a classic boss delay... now take all that and put it in to a pedal train and also throw down a Ciox Baby as a power supply Rock on guys!
    ZpYkNiW
    I have a question... Would the ME50 sound OK with a MG series 15 CDR Marshall amp and a yamaha guitar? Please answer
    ZpYkNiW
    How would I have to arrange te ME50 settings to have a sound alike to Boulevard of Broken Dreams intro?
    ZpYkNiW
    ZpYkNiW wrote: does the ME-50 include an AC adaptor?
    no need of answer anymore