ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Ebay

I play this through an Ibanez, Schecter and Dean, and it works fine with all them and plays well through any amp. You can pritty much shape any effect to fit your personal preferance. All the effects sound and work great though the voice box could be a little stronger. This pedal has a few effects made just for it, for example the space pan and uni v, the space pan is an amazing effect that adds echoing and paning in one.

I play everything from blues to metal/neoclassical and this pedal fits all of my needs. I got it for a great deal new off of ebay for 199 rather then its list of 299, had I not been able to get the deal I still would have gotten it. If it was lost or stolen I would get another one without thinking about it. There isn't really anything I dislike about this unit, compared to other multi effect pedals this one stands above them all due to its simplicity of use. I wish it had a longer battery life (it takes 6 aa).

This is a steel box and a Boss, you could throw it out of a moving car and it would still work. I've used it in many gigs without back up and have had no worries with it.

This is the easiest multi effects pedal there is out there. There are no menus no having to search through hundreds of effects its all right in front of you. It's simple and straight forward, there is a distortion section, modulation section, delay section, and expression/wah pedal. Each of which comes with a dial to select the type of effect desired, followed by (with the exception of the wah) three other dials to change and shape the effects to your desired standards. It also has reverb, a noise gate, a supressor, a tone modifier, and a memory bank to save the exact positions of the dials if want.

hawk5211
    I have this pedal, and its pretty good, at least for a beginning guitarist (ie not a professional). Works great, the only problem being that the wah seems to leave something to be desired, although that might just be my guitar. My advice tho is to rent it first if you can, fool around with it and see if you like it before dropping the 450 on it(Canadian, and including adapter)
    C3_Rocka
    got it yesterday, liking it a lot so far. yea the wah seems kinda odd but i love the metal distortion. features a lot of thing s but i still gotta get the hang of it and find out how the tuner works.