ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: The Works

Well, the wah wah is not that great as I wanted it to be. I play on an ibanez sound gear bass bass and I can't find my rite type of wah wah. The octave shifter is great apart from when you put it on octave + there's a slight reverb. Distortion is great, its a nice crunchy sound for things like marilyn manson, stuff that Twiggy does. It's good for playing songs by Muse like hysteria or new born. I don't really like the Overdrive that much, it's got a nasty after effect of a big fuzz. the synth is great for playing the bass solo of Exit music by Radiohead. I can't really judge the chorus cos I never play songs with that effect. The phaser and the flager are very smooth. My amp (peavy micro bass) is not that great 'cause I have only been playin for 1 and a half years but that pedal sure did improve the sound with all the tones on it. You can mix the effects to make stuff like Whammy. I even put my sound 2 octaves higher so I cud solo just like on an electric guitar.

This pedal is great! Instead of buying a gejillion different pedals just buy this one. You'd save so much money. I bought mine in Swizterland in Geneva so it cost me like 550 Francs (366 euros). Plus you get a new lead with it so I reckon it's worth getting it!

This pedal is rather big, so I wouldn't drop it because it is quite fragile. I've never dropped it but if I had it would have taken some damage. I have done a few gigs with it but I never used a backup.

I received this awsome pedal for my birthday, its my first pedal and it comes with a manual that tells you everything about it and how to use it. Its really easy to use, its got 3 foot switches (filter/tone), (drive/synth), (delay/mod). Plus it's got some sound compressors, and the expresseion pedal is easy to activate. It's got loads of options so you have to search for a bit to get a good sound.