ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Sound Control

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a crappy little practice amp (I'm buying a new one soon though). It is not noisy at all. Really. even when everything is on 10 (wouldn't reccommend, by the way) only a small hum can be heard. The effects sound awesome, especially the octaver, ring mod and phaser. the many different types of distortion are quite overwhelming, there's everything from light crunch to killer heavy metal. it's easy to get pretty much any sound you want, really. I play mainly RHCP, and stuff like "walkabout" and "give it away" sound awesome on this thing, and many other songs are great too. As I touched on before, the disortion, wah, octaver and phaser are great, and the delay and reverb are amazing, too.

I play mainly rock, and this matches it perfectly. It suits pretty much anything, given the variety of sounds achievable. I've been playing guitar for 5 years, but only switched to electric a while ago. I wish I had bought an adapter, but it's still awesome. I would buy it again if I had the money, because I bought it with Birthday money. My favourite feature is the wah. it's better than crybaby in my opinion. I wish it came in other colours, though. I think this is great value for money, and recommend to anyone wishing to buy a multi effects unit.

Considering I don't have much of a backup, I'd say yes. Even if I did, it's dependable. The only slight thing is that it eats batteries like fat men eat pies. But if you got an adapter, it's all good. it's built like a tank! It will last forever if given the right care, you could drop a truck on this thing. seriously.

This is the first multi effects pedal. I bought it because of the nifty looking wah pedal, which is easy as hell to use. Writing patches is easy, too. All of the extras, like modulation and distortion are easy, you just set the knobs and turn it on. Simple. Ther manual is kind of in depth, but useful.