ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Sound Control

I have a Dean ML and 270watt Peavey poweramp going through a pair of 700 watt Peavey speakers. Some of the settings such as the "metal" distortion setting, are a bit wild but with the the Drive control they are easy to tame. The effects are great and it dosn't take long to find one you really like. The artists I'm into are Slayer, Metallica, GBH and NOFX and I have been able to get most of their sounds. On the whole the ditortion, chorus and delay effects are great and there is lots of experimenting to be done.

I usually play punk and metal and I think the ME-50 is a great match with all the different distortion effects. I have been playing about 7 years but this is my first pedal it is great value for money and is far more durable than other pedals in that price range. I love the fact that the ME-50 has other Boss pedals built into it my favorite being the MT-2 I also like the hold setting where it allows you to repeat a riff while you can play over the top of it. Overall this is great pedal in the price range and I have no regrets in choosing the ME-50.

The ME-50 has a fully metal body and thick sturdy plastic pedals and I think it would be hard to break it even if you wanted to so I would probably would use it without a back up. It hasn't failed me yet so I'd say it was very reliable.

The Boss ME-50 is fairly easy to get a decent sound out of it and doesnt't need hours of reading through the manual before you can actually play anything with it. I had pretty much cracked it in about 10 mins but there are a few settings that need reading up on in the manual. Editing patches is pretty simple, although you have to delete the preset sounds to save your own sound this is not much of a downside. The manual is really useful and after reading it through there is plenty information on each of the different settings, and is great to refer for future refernce.

will-loves-zep
    my band mate has one of these, it has a great range of effects and types but you can't change between them that easily, you have only one type of modulation, distortion and dealy at a time, the octave is great though as is the harmoniser. i personally am buying seperate pedals to build up a pedal board cos i think it is a better way to have your effects laid out and easier to interchange
    robo516
    i bought the me-50 about half a year ago, the distortion and sustain are amazing the only bad thing about it is the wah but you can just get another pedal for that.
    rammsteinrob
    This unit's great, I've had it for a months and some things really stand out. I love the resonance, find a nice distortion you like and you start a song in a very cool way with it getting louder and louder I like the octave +1 because if used well soloing can be made even better but be careful not to overdo it! Also the harmonize is very nice. You wont ever need two guitars to get the perfect harmony. It will take you 30second, if you have a riff. Combine harmonize and the octave and you can get a great sound. If I'm right you may e able to set each indvidual string to a different key but I'm not sure, I do know however that you can change the overall key of the harmony which is a very ice idea. Some distortions are pointless but some are pretty decent. The pedal and modulation and delay are what stand out. Oh yea check out my profile if you wish
    chriskent4687
    permanentmarker wrote: why could it not use a single 9v battery, instead of 6 AA batterys, which add up to 9v anyway?
    because it would last for about 5 mins!!
    mikedirnt96
    btw ppl it converts from analouge 2 digital den back so it dont matta wot vol u gt it on