ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Sound Control

At the moment I am using the Boss ME-50 with a Fender mexiacn strat and a Line 6 spider3 amplifier. The pedal also has its own master volume control and each touch pedal (dist/OD, mod, delay) also has a volume control so you can have it at any desired level of noise. The effects are always strong never weak. You can get the sound of your favourite artists, it takes time to perfect these but it definately pays of, suce as bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers and nirvana. On a whole all the effects are really good.

My style of music is based on the Red Hot Chili Peppers which goes great with the effects on this pedal. I have been playin jut over a year now. I own a Fender Mexican Strat, Line 6 Spider III amp, Piranha cables. I would definately buy another one if it were stolen or lost. I love that you can create loads of sounds and never get bored with them. The thing that annoys me is that it is really heavy, but it is well built.

Yes it is a really reliable piece of equipment for the reason that it is very strudy and well made. I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup for the simple reason that anything could happen to it.

The Boss ME-50 is a multi-effects system, it is packed with loads of different sounds and effects so many that you will never get bored. It is really easy to use as it has three touch pedals, distotion/overdrive, modulation and delay. There is also a Wah-Wah Pedal, which can be used as volume control, wah-wah, resonance, voice, voice, ring mod, octave +1 and octave -1. There is aslo loads of storage space which is really easy to use, you can create lots of strange and mangled sounds and save them for easy retrieval. It comes with a manual which is really easy to understand, you do not really have to read this but if you want the best out of it, I advise you to.

noturningback
    Are there any other distortion effects apart from the MT2? I have an actual MT2 and recently I've found it hasn't been heavy/brutal enough. Too thin and rubbery.
    chriskent4687
    chriskent4687 wrote: permanentmarker wrote: why could it not use a single 9v battery, instead of 6 AA batterys, which add up to 9v anyway? because it would last for about 5 mins!!
    its a bit like a bike pedeling at 30mph compared to a car driving at 30mph, the dude on the bikes gonna run out of juice a lot quicker than dude in the car. i think that how it works
    sakos
    It's amazing! I'm just figuring a pretty sound but I can't guess it. Can somebody help me, how can I get the new-school heavy metal sound of: - Metallica - Invisible Kid (intro) ,or - metallica - Some kind of monster (break part), or maybe - Rammstein - Amerika ("this is not a love song..." part) In this parts of these songs the sound of the guitar is perfect. So I want to get this sound. It's similar to Slipknot's sound. So please help me to figure this cool sound! thanx
    p0m_91
    I bought a ME-50 a few months back, and it did come with an included power cable, so that's 1 negative to cross of the list.
    gxnoob
    uhh so what would be a better buy, a zoom G7 or this ME-50???
    Grimme
    Its the best multi-effects out there. I've had this for about 2 or 3 years, before I had a digitech RP-something and a Pod-XT neither compare for the sheer user friendliness and power of the boss ME-50. Its a brilliant piece of kit, the distortions are first rate and so are the delays. The mod effects are of good quality and while a seperate switch for turning the compressor and reverb on and off would be most desirable this can be resolved by the patches function (which I never use if I'm honest, merely because I like to stick to one guitar tone with various effects). I would like to mention that the effects on the expression pedal are incredible, perhaps the best availible, the wah is excellent, the resolution effect is extremely useful and the ring mod and voice effects go beyond the call of duty in terms of adding other worldy, experimental sounds to your music. The octave shifting features are adequate but for serious use of these kind of features I would recommend a digitech whammy (which I also have, and love).