ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

I use a Schecter Hellraiser (again, not mine, my Ibanez 170gx is out of order at the moment) and a Marshall amp going to a Yamaha PA (I don't use any of my own stuff I guess). I can get any sound I want, easily, no question about it. The distortions, in particular, are great. Before I used it I didn't know there were so many kinds, but this one gets them all perfectly! The only minor downside is the wah, but hey it's a multi-effect pedal, what can you expect? I mean, it's not horrible, it's just auto wah, but it's nothing to brag about.

I play pretty much everything, and it can do anything I want it to, perfectly. I've been playing about two and a half years, and this is one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever used, besides that damned Hellraiser, that guitar is awesome. As I said, I don't own one yet, but plan on getting one in the near future, and if that were lost or stolen I would replace it in a heartbeat. I love everything about it, but especially the knobs, helluva lot easier to use than a digital readout. If in the market for a multi-effect pedal, buy this.

This thing's strong as an ox. Nothing can Hurt this bad boy, I wouldn't even think of having a backup on a gig. I would imagine that it will survive years and years of abuse, and then some. The expression pedal is solid, not to small, but not oversized, perfect for any kind of feet, and the three buttons themselves are widely spaced so that you don't accidentaly hit the other, and yet close enough so that you don't have to stand sideways just to tune your guitar.

I don't own one yet, but I borrow it when I jam with my band. This thing is the simplest multi-effect pedal I have ever seen or used. It is completely analog, which is great, no LCD screens or anything, just dials that tell you exactly what they do. All you need to do is bend down and tweak to your hearts content. That sounds a little weird, but I swear I'm not getting paid to do this, this beast has almost no drawbacks.