ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Guitar Amp Keyboard

I have used this pedal for my bass and my new guitar (Epiphone SG400 and Ibanez GSR200). It works great for both of these, finding the perfect sound so easily. Some of the distortion settings are a lot noisier than other settings which lets the Distortion down. With the distortion, you have Boss' best pedals put together as one, but they don't sound a lot like the real pedal. To be honest, you are best off just buying a single boss pedal. The wah-wah is a bit bad too, you only have the pedal and that Is it, you can't change the strength of it or anything which is a let down. You can't flick modulation and distortion on at the same time without it going into tuner mode which Is bad if you want a mixture of the the sounds.

I play a lot of music, from funk to metal. I can get any sound I want from this pedal. I have played bass for 3 years and guitar for 3 days and it works excellent for both, I wish it had a USB though so I could record directly to the PC, or have the USB power it. I also wish it had more control over the wah-wah effect. I love the distortion and modulation, I don't really use the delay effect a lot. The tone modify control is simply amazing, I can have my guitar sound like an acoustic or I can give it a fat chunky sound.

I can depend on this pedal, it's cheap and great fun to play with. You have so many sounds to make and edit. I wouldn't actually use it at a gig, Because You can't flick two settings on at the same time without it going to the tuner or memory. It is reliable, it's made really tough and strong, durable too. Except the battery life sucks.

This pedal is so easy to use, you get the hang of it in less than 1 Hour. Making a sound is as easy as turning a knob and pressing down on the pedal. You have over 22 distortion/overdrive effects, 10 modulation and 10 delay effects. It also has a built-in tuner which works perfectly and is so easy to use. The manual explains everything in Great detail, It helps you with everything in the pedal.

AaronR2
    This is a good multi effect pedal. i like it because unlike most other multi effect pedals, this one is easy to understand. it also has awesome tone.
    k2pblcnme
    I love this thing. I played it at my friends and it sounded amazing even through a pretty lame Peavey practice amp. I love the octave setting on the pedal and all reverse delay is pretty sweet too. If this is in your price range go for it.