ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

The sound is very good, when you finally figure out hwat you want from it you can get it. I managed to get every csound I wanted from this, because it has so many options for everything, I'm playign it with a les paul standard (sadly only an Epiphone) and a Roland Cube 30X and it soudns very good, the only problem is that when you're workign with an amp like a cube, it can sound too digital, really I'd liek to playign it through a simple valve amplifier to get a less digital tone. The only problem with this pedal sound wise is the ridicuoulous amoutn of effects that you will simply never use, I'd rather they got rid of stupid effects like harmoniser and put the price down, and put on a EQ system which it doesnt't have for some strange reason. but the effe3cts you will use are plentifull and good quality.

It is an excellent effects pedal, and it has many extra's that are very usefull like a built in tuner and 30 setting memory bank. I was sad enough to work out what I would have to spend to buy all the individual effects seperately, and it makes this pedal look a real bargain. it mathces any style, so if your in a metal band and you suddenly decide you like jazz, it will work out fine you can do anythign with it. The only problem is that you can't use certain effects simultaniously, such as chorus and tremelo but unless your dave gilmour you probably wouldn't need to anyway. The fact that you can plug a microphone in it and use the octave up feature to make you sound like matt belamy more than makes up for it.

This thing is dependable, I would comfortably use it on stage without a back up and I have done, no chance of breakign it unless your 5 years old. It tells you in the manual ot be carefull with and obviously you should be, but the fact is that it's pretty durable and the normal little accidents shouldn't cause you to much stress.

This is a very simple effects pedal to use, you can learn how to use the mass of effects very quickly and features such as the memory bank are very simple to use as well. the manual explains all the features very well to. as for finding the right sound, that's a little more tricky. it's nto that you can't get a good sound, it's just that becasue there's so man yefects it complicates things and if your a perfectionist you'll be playing with the thign for ages experimenting with everything until you get the right sound, then you'll change your mind about what you want. But if you do invest the time exploring akll the effects you will get a good sound more quickly. if your not a perfectionist than you can get a good sound very easily because even Ringo Starr could operate it.

Coldmystery
    DareBear02 : I really don't agree with anyones opinion on the processor here. I use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (real guitarist use tube amps) and play through a Gibson SG special and a Fender 72 Thinline. The Boss ME-50 is great for many reasons, but I've had the EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE with my band, and the ME-50 really cannot handle higher volumes, I get the same feedback too when I crank the amp up past 5, also a loud hum noise when none of the effects were on.
    No real guitarist with money can use tube amps. OR real local guitar players who gig and dont want to take their nice tube amps places for fear of damage still use solid state for their durability. I have played this thing, im not HUGE on effects anymore but from what ive played, digitech, boss, zoom, this is the best bang for your buck you can get in multi effects
    KarKing Jack
    I've played it for a couple of hours, to test it out, so I dont have to lean over constantly come christmas ^_- And I say its brilliant. The... Mud bothers me. Its muddy. As in - you cant hear your guitar through a lot of the effects. And I love my guitar sound. But the echoes on it are absolutely amazing! And the amount of spacey effects? Brilliant! I've been looking into writing/playing some heavy-ish astronomy based fantasy-inspired Space Rock, using Synesthesia inspired methods, with some nice soloing ^_^ Hitherto the purchase of the ME-50, this was impossible. Now, all the echoes, distortions, and... weird things... make it easy! Its brilliant. So, you can get some crazy sounds on it, in other words, nyek nyek nyek. I was looking at a Korg AX3000 G, but the shop had ran out, so this seemed like the only alternative that was worthwhile - I still endevour to get the Korgh at some point, though. What I especially like from it is the clean/light settings. They're perfect! I use a Roland Cube, and it makes me weep, honestly. But through this metallic-armoured wizard, the sounds are warrior-kin of the highest order! Its perfect for blues and, well, slow things. The distortions I haven't tried too much yet, but I will, however I think they're definatly something even K. K. Downing and Glenn Tipton would love. Its pretty, as well. All shiny. I feel as if I could go to war with it. I reckon I should invite someone who'se generally annoying down. Show 'em it. In a way in which they'll find themselves unable to leave. [Grin] And then take over countries, or something. Anyway; I'm not keen on the Modulation -- partially because its just labelled 'Mod', and I'm a rocker [growl]. But the flanger seems a bit... Over-flanged? I'm certain its just me, though. The overdubbing is hard, too, insofar. I expect it takes practise. I'm looking forward to using the patch feature, as well. Not sure if I can make sense of it as yet, but when I do, I expect things'll happen. Although, I will say, there doesn't seem to be a /normal/ echo. Its all fancy. But, I'd like to create my own echoes anyway. Find a cave, or a forest grotto of sorts, or even just arrange some cardboard. Make a delay. But I expect it wouldn't compare to that what's inside the box thing... Love the accoustic simulater, too ^_-
    nazgul07
    roberto123 wrote: Ordered this couple days ago...is it possible to go from one effect to the other during one song? say for example, distrotion with flanger to distortion with harmonist?
    yeah you can.. pressing the modulation and delay pedals at the same time you can enter the memory mode.. there you can write and edit the build ion effects effects.. you can store up to 3 combination of effects per back and there are 10 banks.. thats 30 effects...! hoppe this reply isnt too late xD if it is forget what I just said lol
    Chaduah
    This is an great pedal, got one in december and i dont think ill be needing any stompboxes for a while.. the only problem is the half second delay between effects changes (in memory mode). Awesome multi-effects pedal, i'd recommend it to anyone!
    theleprechaun
    Im trying to decide if i get should get this one or the Line 6 Floor POD plus which is $100 cheaper. Or a different one at around this price?