ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: da capo

I use my Boss in this setup: guitar >> crybaby >> DigiTech Grunge >> MXR GT - OD >> Ibanez analog delay >> Boss ME-50 >> amp. The Boss is only a bit noisy when the gain is put up in the turbo Drive(maximum). There is no effect on the Boss that is weak, but you can make your own sound, so you can make the effects weak if you want. You can easily get some sounds of artists, especially with the overdrives/ distortions, because these are copies of some famous stompboxes. Every effect is just how it should be. Although I don't really like to use the overdrives on the Boss. I like the sound of separate pedals better.

The Boss ME-50 suit's almost every style of music. I have been playing for about two years now. I've had this Boss for over a year. There is nothing you should ask for, because the Boss ME-50 is complete, it has almost every effect there is. If it were stolen / lost, I would buy seperate pedals instead of another Boss, because I don't use all the effects on the Boss. My favourite feature/effect is the octaver in the expression pedal. Because I'm a big fan of Rage Against The Machine. I play killing in the name of with my band, so I can play the solo with the octaver. I chose this multi effects pedal on advise of my guitar teacher, he uses them at lessons and gigs.

I can really depend on this pedal. It will never fail, unless the adapter gets pulled out. I have played many gigs with the Boss, it has never let me down. The sound is always the same, so I can do like: plug and play. I would use it on a gig without a backup. But if it falls on the ground very hard, it will be broken.

This pedal is one of the easiest multi effects pedals there is. There are just three footswitches and an expression pedal. Each one of the three footswitches is just like a single pedal. The Overdrive and distortion has five knobs: gain, low, high, level and one to switch between the different overdrives. There is another button for variation of overdrives, every Overdrive has a variation. The modulation has four knobs: one for the speed control, one for the depth, one for the resonance and one to Switch between the modulation effects. The delay has four knobs: speed, repeats(feedback), level and one to switch between the different delay styles. There is a manual, but I never needed it, everything is really clear.

lukegjpotter
    kirkjames92
    If i were to chose between Korg AX3000g, Digitech GNX3000 and Boss ME50 which one should i chose?
    lukegjpotter
    lukegjpotter wrote: I'm thinking about ordering this, with an extra cable and the official power supply it comes to 288. I asked them if it comes with a power supply or cables and I'm waiting on a reply. Its 238 on its own.
    But I've found the ME-50, PSA-240 and a 20ft cable for 227 including delivery on tradetalk.ie which is a new price comparision site all my goods are being bought from totalmusicsupply.com
    mag-666
    Norwegian_Slash wrote: manual sucks, thank you;P
    I found the manual fantastic. My Expression pedal would only work as a volume pedal for a while but with the help of the manual I even fixed that myself (and I am ****ing awful with my hands)
    cortezio
    Fear3001
    davidblackjuda2
    Fear3001 wrote: is the boss me-70 worth the extra money over the me-50 because i mainly want the boss effects without paying about $500 on stompboxes
    dude bought the ME50 for AUD$500 its not worth it at all,if u like heavy,aggressive metal distortion sound,u'll regret it.BTW the ME70 has nearly the same effects like the other 1.the noise suppressor is a joke,even if u turn it to max,u still can hear annoying noise coming from it,no matter what amp u have,even through headphones the same noise comes out.have u heard about low noise Ibanez cables?try it to cut down excessive unwanted noise.
    exloser
    I agree with davidblackjuda. I like playing metal and hard rock and the distortion is horrible. Out of the 22 different distortions I use two because they are the only ones that sound good. All the other distortions have a lot of treble and make me cringe when I play them. But everything else on the pedalboard is amazing.
    IndieLegend25
    cortezio wrote: I havent got ANY pedals what so ever, and was thinking of getting this, is it worth it, or should i get a few inividual stomp-boxes first? Thanks
    I doubt it would be worth your time or money to get individual one's first mate. Ask instore to see if ye buy it, if ye can take it back after like a month (or 28 days whatever it is), if your not liking it, but definetly use it to see what FX you like, or dont like, and then go from there. I have the Zoom G2, and tbh, its cracking, a few minor problems but nothing major, but a mate of mine is offering me the ME-50 for 50-70 cos he dosnt want it anymore, and the usual cash converter shops are offering him like 20 quid, as they usually do. So im gonna take, and see which i prefer, but still have the other pedla as a backup if one ever breaks.