ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Mansons Exeter

I use this with all of my guitars, but mostly with my Ibanez Gio. I then put this through a Peavey amp. There is no fuzz through my amp on the clean setting, but if you put distortion on, I recommend turning up the threshold on the pedal to cut this out. All of the effects I use sound great, and I guarantee everyone can find the sound they want with one of these. I personally thought the Wah effect was a little weak, so if you want a strong Wah sound, you'd be better off buying a dedicated Wah pedal, but apart from that, everything else has a good, strong sound. With this pedal I've managed to create the sounds of all my favourite bands, from Megadeth, As I Lay Dying and DevilDriver to Cream, Van Halen and Led Zep, you cannot go wrong with this kit. My favourite effects on this is the Metal Distortion and the delay, because it gives me the low end sound for rhythm guitar, and the delay adds to make solos sound incredible!

I try and play a wide range of styles, but mainly rock and metal. It gives me the perfect sound for these styles, but is also brilliant for blues, reggae and classical, if you know how to use it. I don't have any other guitar effects, because this pedal has everything I want and more. I would recommend this to anyone.

Memorize the settings you have on it, as they do get knocked about, but I have had mine for 2 years, bought it second-hand, and its still as good as when it was first sold. I always use this for gigs and wouldn't go without it. It's very durable, which is good if you have "heavy feet" like me.

I found this was so simple to use, as soon as I plugged it in, I had no problem adjusting things to get the perfect sound. The only problem I had was that I have big feet, and if you press more than one pedal, you go into either the tuner, or memory mode, but apart from that, this is an excellent model that will serve you well.

ethanwhufc
    ok is it possible to use the dunlop crybaby along with this... cause ive heard the wahh is rubbish, so im gonna buy the dunlop wahh
    Sansfield
    i like this effects unit, however i am not happy with the volume pedal; it cuts in at about 80% volume after pushing forwards about 40%, however i rarely use the volume pedal for anything more than a killswitch so im not too botherd; for gradual increase in volume i just use the knob on the guitar. i like the compression and noise suppressor, they work well in harmony to cut out noise but keep sustain fairly high; i dont find myself using the delay and almost wish it had reverb as part of it as well but its horses for courses as many people prefer seperate reverb. overall nice piece of kit; considering buying each pedal is expensive and looks messy, and is more likely to lower quality due to all those connections!