ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: A neighbour

I'm using it with a Line 6 spider iv 30, which messes up the sound a little, and an SX Black Beast. Its noisy because I'm using it through a modeling amp but the noise gate helps stop alot of the noise. Mostly on high distortion settings it can be fuzzy but if I plugged it in a tube amp I'm sure it would play great! Some effects are based on other Boss pedals and like the DS-1, MT-2 etc. The Modulation and Delay settings work well and there's alot of sounds that you can set to your preference. I listen to and play mostly metal and this can fulfill my needs of heavy distortion.

I play metal and this is a great match. I've been playing 2 years now and I've only had 1 pedal before (DigiTech RP55) and this was better by far! If it were stolen or lost I would possibly buy it back, but I'd look at others before I did. I love that its got alot of possibilities to mess with but I dislike that there aren't more banks. I enjoy the expression pedal for Wah and octave settings, because the octaves can make it sound like a Whammy bar. I wish it had better distortion and I wish I had a tube amp. I'd reccomend this to anyone at intermediate stages on guitar.

I would gig with this without other pedals as long as I wasn't using more than 3 settings for a song as I would have to Switch banks. Its heavy and durable, although its known to be faulty with the expression pedal. I could throw it down my stairs and it would work after easily!

The pedal has 3 selection pedals and the expression pedal. It is easy to use if you read the manual and figure out each function. However getting the right sound proves to be very difficult for me anyway. I've tried various settings but there's just to much to explore, which is a good thing. It has about 25 patches stored in banks when you are in memory mode which gives you space to store your favourite settings.

n.phelge
    leigh596
    n.phelge wrote: I just picked up one of these used, and I'm having a problem getting the expression pedal to switch. I've pressed down hard & held it, but it stays in volume mode. What are the specific steps to switch the mode of the expression pedal? Thanks
    mines is tough too, just stand on the end that your toes would be at for about 10 seconds and it should switch, apply alot of pressure