ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

I played this through a Crate FW212 plugged into an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It always sounded great for what I did. The first few weeks I had it I tried about every effect on it, but eventually I mainly used it for its distortion and it's flanger. Sometimes I used the delay and the Wah or Volume setting on the expression pedal. The noise gate kept any unwanted hiss from getting through.

Being a multi effects pedal this thing really can cover any style. I've been playing for 5 years now and it was well suited for me during my experimental phases. I don't think I would replace it if it was stolen as I have moved on to single effects, but this multi effects did help for me finding what effects I like and don't like. The color was pretty ugly though. I would recommend this to any beginner guitarist or someone who covers a wide variety of music. If you can Pick one up for used I'd say go for it!

This thing is very sturdy. More trust worthy then some Boss stomp boxes for sure. Using it for practice it took some beating and never gave out. I could definitely gig with this without a backup.

Multi effects are a great investment if you want a little bit of everything. This one is as simple as it gets. There are sound modifiers, a compresser, a noise gate, 4 reverbs, 22ish Overdrives and Distortions, 20 Modulation effects, 18 Delays, an expression pedal that has a few settings of it's own. Just enough effects to be usable without that many throw away effects. There are banks for editing patches but I never did use this feature. It also has an onboard tuner which comes quite in handy. Has a stereo out option which is required for some effects. Also has a headphone jack for playing with it as a standalone.