ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

Price paid: € 270

Purchased from: Mupo Music, Hoorn

From the sweetest clean sound to destructive rectefier... I play things like, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Neil Young, BB King, Hendrix and Van Halen, and yes... They're all in this little box. It's got a noice surpressor so if you got noisy pickups, you'll be fine with it... It also has a preamp wich I not use by the way, but it's got some nice sounding presets... Using them seperate as stompboxes allow you to combine your own amp settings with the ME-70, 'cause when you really like your distortion sound but you only need flanger or something, just use flanger! You can also use your own amp's effects to create massive delays or double chorus... But don't, never, I mean not ever combine distortion... It will make a noise that even scares you!

At first, it looked like knobs... I was actualy only planning to get a Whammy pedal, but my parents gave this instead *birthsday present*. I thought by myself: damn... How can one man possibly understand this... And yes I did! I figured this thing out in less than 25 minutes and believe me, you will to! The very same day I showed it to my friends, and they were thinking of buying it to... Once you get to know eachother better, you're gonna depend on eachother and that's what happened to me! It's got killer effects, sweet distortions and an expression pedal for all sorts of things. If this thing get's stolen *no it will not break* I'll find the one Who stole it and kill him... Or buy a new one, that's an option to.

If you can depend on it? Well, see for yourself, but I certainly can... No serious, it's great and'll never break... Unless an atomic bomb goes off, maybe it'll get some scratches than you can kill someone with it just by throwing it to the other... Though it's very light and yes! I can go gig with this thing without using backup... And I'm sure I will.

It's deffenitly easy to use, every idiot could figure how to get every possible guitar sound out of this thing... Creating you own pathces? No problem at all, just be sure you read the manual carfully ok? Than it should be fine and you'll be able to use it the very same day you purchased it...

choon hon
    how's the wah-wah pedal? Heard that the ME-50 wah pedal really suck... what about this pedal ?
    the staggerwing
    hopcroft wrote: I have just ordered the me-70 online for 219 it comes with guiatr lead and power supply (new). I need a carry case/bag does anyone know any good ones?
    you can get a laptop bag/case instead of a special made one... 15 inch is the correct sise XD
    csr432
    I have been playing off and on for about 20 years but suddenly really started getting into playing. I had been playing a yamaha pacifica lately but finally broke down and got a les paul and me-70. I have never used effects other than the OD built into my little amp and I am absolutely floored by the versatility and sound that me-70 offers. I choose it because the menu driven boxes like GT-10 looked too cumbersome to fine tune where the me-70, while having a seemingly overwhelming number of knobs, is set up basically as individual stomp boxes and when you really break it down there are only a few knobs per "box". I choose this unit also because it contains all the core effects and is much less expensive than purchasing individual boxes. Also, not be overlooked is that you can configure your own setups manually (like they were individual boxes) but also save configurations as your own patch and you can access the patch very easily. I can see where this feature would be incredibly useful if gigging. There are also some really useful (and some really off-the-wall) preset configurations that you can also alter, or review the setup and save it as one of your own patches. IMHO if you are looking for your first stompbox, this is certainly a good choice since you get so much for the price of only a couple of good quality boxes. My only compaint is that it does not come with the AC adaptor. Oh, and there is also the capacity to add external wired switches that allow manipulation of many controls by foot such as selecting patches. Again, I don't think you can go wrong with this box. If you prefer the more menu/graphical driven box or simply can't live with the few limitations the me-70 has, then go with the GT-10.
    mattiwillohouse
    I've just bought this and the patch switching time is seamless (something they've improved from previous models). For the price you can't beat it. The O/D, Chorus and Delay are superb, you really are getting all the quality of seperate stomps, plus a load of extra effects, amp settings and a decent wah pedal. I'm loving it!
    hopcroft
    aeyer23
    Ok, just one question: Does this pedal board support TWO MODULATION EFFECTS at same time in manual mode? By example, a phaser and a chorus activated simultaneously. I read in ME-50's ultimate guitar's page top review, that you couldn't do that in that model. So, does ME-70 offers this posibility? Thanks, and hope someone can answer this question.
    no, only one modulation effect at a time
    Al Tee
    gradgr
    For 250 Euro , i believe its one of the best item for practice/live (or even studio) you can find. For the Sound possibilities.. if you have imagination.. u can duplicate most of the effects you hear in songs.. BEST BUY ;
    liampje
    Im gonna buy this thing its a day after my birthday and today my family comes to my house and i hope i get enough.
    jjasonbbecker2
    one of my buddies has this pedal and its the best effects pedal ive ever used. ecspecially the distortion i usually use distortion straight through the amp the get the most organic sound possible. im goin to get this
    the staggerwing
    yes you can... if you can mod it right than you can make like every possible sound... the hum>s.c and the s.c>hum really helpes you with that
    Irishman94
    pinecone wrote: i'm looking at getting my first effects unit, i havent really experimented with them before, but i just wanted to know whether this would be good for a first multi effects board. I've been playing for 4 years now. Thanks
    If u specifically want a great wah for example then no but if you want an average everythin yes, also this is so much cheaper
    Irishman94
    You cant alter the wah but its grand like, it sound alright but its alwas the same
    cardrocks33
    I'd definitely recommend this for a first multi fx unit. its super simple, and as I've said, it sounds great.
    Philly C
    dude, not 100% on this but ive heard it a few times in a few different places...but i think the ME-70 is newer than the GT-10...so not dated...its jux dumbed down a lil to be more simple and quick to use.
    decayingdave wrote: Seems a little dated, but no doubt useful (I'm only saying that 'cus I use a GT-10...). Good article.