ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Bailey Brother's Music Co.

As I said earlier, I used to play my Les Paul through a solid state amp (Vox VT30), but I now play through a Mesa 5:25 Express. I have grown to dislike this device for it's increased sound level, and tone coloring when not in use. The Compressor in my opinion colors your tone too much. I never use the Compressor on this thing. The drives are okay. I use the OD, Blues, Distortion, and Metal settings for various bits and pieces. They aren't too exciting though. The modulation is fine. No complaints there. Except for the harmonist though. I can't get a good tone out of that. It sounds so digitized...Hate it. The delays rock! The only part of this pedal that is consistently used by me. Although the analog tone is not analog-sounding at all, it's okay. I enjoy the looper. Helps me write parts a lot. The volume pedal is okay. (What do you want from me? It's a volume pedal!) The worst part? The Wah Sucks Hard! I mean absolutely sucks!

I play primarily christian worship music, rock, blues, some pop punk, and prog rock. I have been playing for four years. I wish that I understood how pedals work, what true bypass is, and how a digital modeler actually has to convert the signal from analog to digital then back to analog... If it was stolen I would not buy another. I actually plan on selling it soon. I hate the overall tone. I like the convenience. My favorite feature is the volume because it doesn't sound bad like the rest of the effects. I got it because I heard Boss was the best... Not true.

Sure. The casing is built like a tank. The volume/wah is not as sturdy as I'd like though. It's a little stiff. I think that it would handle a million gigs if you treated it write.

This unit is very simple to use. When I originally bought it, I played a solid state amp. At that time it was quite easy to get a good sound out of it. Now that I play through a Mesa tube amp, it's a little more difficult. The setup of the device is simple enough though. The knob design is a plus. Who wants to run through a hundred different impractical menus? The manual is well written as well.

Briar30
    Man, this thing is awesome! I am gonna get this (well, one in this series) for my birthday and I can't wait!
    Nafis
    oh man!!!!! .....that means I gotta buy another loop station!!!!.....I was good with my stomp boxes!!!!!
    Nafis
    I am using the me-70 mainly for looping purpose but i cant change patches when the loop is running .....can anyone of u guys can help me out with this?
    Ziaul Asif
    I bought this unit about 2 months ago and its perfect for me for covering System Of A Down songs. When I bought it, at the first time it was difficult for me to get a good distortion with the O/D's, but after tweaking it for every 2 hours a day finally I got the best distortion out of this Me 70 . And the most interesting thing is that, I set the NS/Thresh hold to 5 and it does not make any hissing sound. The other effects are mind blowing . Best Pedal Boss Rocks \m/
    ?????
    I got this about 6 months ago. it hasnt had 1 problem yet, the slow gear effect is wierd but cool
    the666trooper
    @udayvirgarg22: I guess its because of the BOSS cosm amp modeling. I too experience the same problem when I connect my ME-70 with the roland micro cube(which has cosm amp modelling) the distortions and ODs sound fine through my headphones, but loose some of their gain through the micro cube.
    udayvirgarg22
    Hey everyone. I used to have a Zoom G2 which I used for digital effects and got my distortion and overdrive from the Boss DS-1 and the Boss OD-3 respectively. I upgraded to the Boss ME-70 and still wish to use it only for digital effects and get my main tones from the analog pedals mentioned earlier. But for some reason, of which I'm completely unaware, the tone of my pedals gets altered when I use it with the Boss ME-70, even on bypass! The volume decreases and a huge amount of gain is lost. Also, I lost some of the natural fuzz that the DS-1 has. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Or why this is happening?
    Coldmystery
    Can you use it with other stompboxes? If it has inputs and outputs than yes you can. Man people ask silly questions. Can you play metallica with it? You can play whatever your fingers can play. Personally I think this thing is amazing. I like it better than the digitech. Boss just makes better effects IMO... but also IMO nothing beats having the seperate effects if you have the scratch for it.
    182rory94
    can you use this with other stompboxes? like can i use the chorus on this and a seperate flanger pedal?