ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

The amp I hooked it up to would be a Roland 15x Cube, and it sounds great with it directly into the amp. The guitar I currently use with it is an Ibanez RG-350ex. Its safe to say that if you have a decent guitar and a decent amp, it definitely pushes your sound to a higher level in terms of quality and tone. There is hardly any feedback and noise, but I believe that only matters on the type of amp you own. The effects are definitely not weak at all. They always sound great on any setting, whether its a very subtle chorus thats just smoothens your sound, or a distortion type that completely seems to overtake your sound. It is also definitely possible to get the sound out of your favorite artists. I've been able to play music from bands like Metallica, Van Halen, and Radiohead, and to me I was satisfied with that sound i could get. Effects such as Distortion and Modulation have different sub-effects, like chorus, metal overdrive, along with different delays as well. They are all very good, but at times can be very bad when they are ALL used at once! But usually it isn't a problem at all,

The style of music that I play ranges from Indie to Alternative to Metal. To me, the Boss ME-70 seemed just what I needed: something that wasn't too hard to use, but also something that had every effect I needed for my sound. I've played guitar for about 2 years now, and I've used a China-made Fender Stratocaster, and I'm currently using an Ibanez RG350ex. The greatest thing is that it tends to satisfy every need of a guitarist, whatever genre you play, or whether you play rhythm or lead. If this was ever lost or stolen, I would definitely get another one, just because it is worth the price, which isn't that bad, and it greatly enhances my sound. My favorite feature would definitely be organization of all the effects, just the setup is nice. I really love the variety of pre-amp settings you get such as an amp stack or a rectifier. The different sounds you get is just awesome. The only thing I hate is sometimes when I accidentally hit a wrong switch, and it takes you into a different mode, which can get annoying sometimes. I compared this to the Boss GT-10, and the Vox Tonelab, and I chose this one because it was cheaper, and I've used Boss effects before, so I knew I would be more familiar with this unit. This effects unit is definitely an asset to your sound, and there really is nothing more I wish it had.

I can definitely depend on the ME-70. It is very durable, and it's built very well in a tough casing. Usually I can play it at almost any jam session or gig, and it never goes down at all. It seems to just be free of problems, and I haven't had any struggles with my sound with it at all. It isn't just easy to use, its tough and can withstand a lot.

The effects unit is relatively easy to use, definitely much more convenient than standard effects pedals, and way easier to use than other guitar effects processors. It is very easy to get great sound out of it, and the features are absolutely satisfying. Its much easier to simply just mess around with the unit to get the most out of it. Mainly it just takes a lot of experimentation, which can be actually be a good thing. There is nothing complicated about this unit. Theres even presets and effects bank already built in, which make it even more easier.

saurav86
    hey guys.. got mine yesterday.... was just playin around wid it.. wanted to know if the wah on this is tweakable.. i mean.. i cudn't see any knobs around... so doesn't look like it.. but then.. i may be wrong...