ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I run this pedal through a Fender FM212 guitar amp. By its self, the amp is pretty loud, but a little tinny. Turn on the preamp using this effect and my lowly 100W combo has more thunder than a full Marshall stack. I especially like the natural sounding distortions in the blues to modern range. They are rich and responsive, while providing tons of gain without turning the signal muddy. Hands down, though, the phrase looper is king. If your a solo guitarist, this'll open new windows instantly!

Overall, this thing is great. Personally, I think $300 is a lot for a pedal. That said, it's worth the dough. I wish it came with the AC adapter, but most pedals don't anyway. It works great from folk to thrash and there is no reason not to Pick up one right away.

I've been using this exclusively for several months. The pedal weighs a on (as far as pedals go)and I've made the mistake of stubbing my toe on the die cast metal frame several times. It eats batteries for breakfast but other than that, I doubt I'd need a back-up.

The nice thing about this multi-effect is it's ease of use. Yes, there are enough knobs to fill a parts bin on it, but each knob has its own job. Most times, your not using all the knobs anyway. However, I say anytime I can create my own sound and not just shuffle through someone else's presets, I'm willing to put up with a few things to turn now and again.

Undivideable
    Guys, help. ME 25 vs ME 70? Might be a stupid question, I don't know, but other than price, what is the difference and what would you recommend? I've been playing for 3 years and this would be my first pedal. Thanks
    NautaElain
    Every video I watch about this Harmonist mode, its always minor. So in this "harmonist" mode, Can you chose is it minor or major? 'Cause if it cant I would have to buy the PS-6 Harmonist pedal...
    klassieker
    @ NautaElain: you can adjust the settings for minor/major mode under the modulation section by selecting the rate/key knob (from C up to B, cmiiw)and the depth/harmony (3rds, 5th, 8th below or above) according to the song root key you are playing. You won't get a three-harmonic sounds like the PS-6 or Digitech Harmony man intelligent Muse-IQ features on a ME-70. But, the Harmony mode of this effect nailed the basic idea.
    NautaElain
    Okay cool But another question; This may sound stupid but can i use this in some kind of programs like Garageband?
    M3AK
    udayvirgarg22 wrote: Hey everyone. I used to have a Zoom G2 which I used for digital effects and got my distortion and overdrive from the Boss DS-1 and the Boss OD-3 respectively. I upgraded to the Boss ME-70 and still wish to use it only for digital effects and get my main tones from the analog pedals mentioned earlier. But for some reason, of which I'm completely unaware, the tone of my pedals gets altered when I use it with the Boss ME-70, even on bypass! The volume decreases and a huge amount of gain is lost. Also, I lost some of the natural fuzz that the DS-1 has. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Or why this is happening?
    Where have you got those pedals in your line? If your going into the stomp boxes then into the ME-70 try putting them after the ME-70. That should fix it as the ME-70's noise gate won't be getting in the way of your boxes. Also there's a chance that your Zoom pedal was doing something to your signal that the Boss doesn't do. Hope this helps.
    M3AK
    Just got mine on Friday but never had a chance to play around with it until today. Looking forward to gigging with this, it seems indestructible. I'm probably wrong though.