ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Veerkamp México

Wonderful balance between every effects offered in the processing unit. I use it with a Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 and it really complements the amp unit. The pre-amp EQ is all I use since it boosts the sound of the amp. The Noise Gate is excellent to eliminate hums or external sound. The distortions are good overall, especially the OD, DS, MZ and MC versions. Compression sounds great as it will sustain your sound for as long as you need it. Mods are fantastic, I love the Chorus, don't feel it weak at all. Delays are really good, though a bit limiting when you edit them. Expression pedal is good with a pretty average WAH, a CRAPPY voice mode and good + - octavers. Lost the spring reverb mode, which I do miss from the ME50.

I play a lot of things, from metal to blues, hard rock, Vintage rock, rock en espaol and sometimes even jazz (not bright at it yet) and the ME70 responds to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my musical needs. It is actually an inversion, rather than a spending. The only things I would change would be the Wah and Voice mods in the expression pedal since they're weak and I would add the spring reverb to the unit. I use three guitars with it and it works great with them (LTD M100FM, BcRich Warlock, Cort X6). If you're looking for a good effects unit for a good price, this is the one. I bought it in Mexico so it's a bit more expensive, you know, taxes and all that useless govt. crap. Hope this helps you.

This thing is stronger than a tank and I'm not kidding here. The chassis is build to last because it's made of metal and not sloppy plastic. Reliabilty is awsome, though it's always recommendable to have a backup, you'll not use it. As long as it has energy to run from, either DC or batteries, it will go on and on.

The ME70 basically is a very easy-friendly to use effects processor. It takes a bit of time to get over the learning curve but once you got it, your mind blows away. It has quite a lot of patches, though I like to use the individual effects better. Edition of the sound is really easy and you have plenty of effects to choose from as well as ten distortions. In general it is a good pedal. The EZ Tone selector is great in the beginning, then you get used to the manual mode. Good users manual and it's multilingual.

zeppaddict141
    Cleftones wrote: How do these fair with an all tube amp?
    Quite nicely, depending on how you have it set up (obviously) it will either sound like crap or sound awesome. I think it sounds better with the EQ completely off, it just colors the sound too much and kills the tone.
    Slap-happy
    People asking if they can play Metallica with this? reminds of an old joke. Yes thats great, because I couldnt before.. (the original gag was to do with a guy with a broken arm asking if he could play piano when it healed punchlines the same). As for this unit I used a friends ME-50 a few years back and, to be honest I would generally only use this type of pedal for practice at home or possibly at rehearsal through sheer convenience. Boss makes reliable and intuitive pedals, but when it comes down to it they lack the appeal and versatility of individual pedals. I would consider buying it as it would be a lighter option than carrying around my current pedal board and it would be handy for home use and laying down some demos. The only problem I would envisage would be that Id stumble across a sound that I havent already got in a separate stompbox and end up having to buy another separate pedal for pro-recording and live use. Ill keep an eye out on eBay, though and if I see one at a half-way reasonable price I may make the plunge. It would be nice to have a couple of reviews from people with a little more experience of playing and better gear. Thats not to denigrate the reviews posted, it just would be a better comparison and balance if there were reviews from users of higher-end amps and guitars and what, if any, useful applications they have found for this unit.
    NHECOS
    banana of bodom wrote: does it have a built in tuner
    Yes it has a tuner.
    NHECOS
    liampje wrote: Does it needs the boss adapter?
    Its doesn't need to be a BOSS adapter, just any adapter with the same output voltage (just be shure to choose a universal adapter so it has several connector sizes to fit the pedal.
    NHECOS
    Al Tee wrote: Ok, just one question: Does this pedal board support TWO MODULATION EFFECTS at same time in manual mode? By example, a phaser and a chorus activated simultaneously. I read in ME-50's ultimate guitar's page top review, that you couldn't do that in that model. So, does ME-70 offers this posibility? Thanks, and hope someone can answer this question.
    You can't choose the effects you want to activate in the modulation pedal, although you have a setting that combines chorus+delay (in wich you can fiddle with the time, feedback and e settings).
    NHECOS
    Undivideable wrote: Guys, help. ME 25 vs ME 70? Might be a stupid question, I don't know, but other than price, what is the difference and what would you recommend? I've been playing for 3 years and this would be my first pedal. Thanks
    Dude... the ME-25 is cheaper and with less options of sound. The only advantage of the ME-25 is that it has a USB interface... nothing else.
    Lame_Guitarist
    I'm a newbie for a multieffect (usually I depending on the amps when gigs or practice). For a rythim guitarist that doesn't need many sound variation like me, will this pedal fit for me?