ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

I play mainly metal and Grunge music along with some funk and classic rock and the effects suit these genres perfectly. I play it through a Vox AC15 with a Gretsch Pro Jet. Most of the effects are amazing but the chorus can sound like your playing your guitar with a bit of cardboard and that was the only sound I wasn't impressed with but all the other effects work out fine and sound amazing. After playing various other multi effects units such as various Zoom models, DigiTech RP55 and a Line 6 Pod XT Live or something like that I have to say I prefer the ME-70 over all of them. The amp modelling on the ME-70 is pretty good, your able to get the sound of a Killer amp in just a quick turn of a knob, the only thing I would say is that there could be a larger variety of amps but I can't really grumble for 210.

Overall I am in love with this multi effects unit it just rocks in every way. The value for money is amazing because you get Killer amp models create effects and hours of fun for just over 200 and the sound quality is better than any other multi effects unit I've tried. If it were stolen or lost within a second you would find me online and purchasing a new one. My favourite feature which I haven't mentioned yet it the phrase looper as you can over dub your sounds as much as you like and it never sounds so cramped or of a poor quality. The only gripes I have is the tacky chorus and that is it. Truely a worthwhile purchase.

Honestly this thing is built like a tank it looks like it could withstand a nuclear blast and in the 6 months I've had it it hasn't broken down or given up at any time its worked to its full potential all the time. I use a 9v ps with mine so I don't know how long a set of batteries would last but if ure gonna gig with it use a ps. I never take a backup with me because I feel that its 100% reliable and can withstand and knocks or drops.

I'm not usually the best with effects units but the Boss ME-70 is a paice of cake even for me and the sounds you get are very rewarding. Editing patches is fairly simple select you patch press edit when your done tweaking your sound press write. The manual gives you simple step by step instructiions for use and isn't to technical in any way.

daylightdies370
    GoodOlePaulless
    daylightdies370 wrote: I have the ME-50 and I am going to buy an ME-70, but I need to know, does the ME-50 power adapter work on the ME-70 or will I have to buy a new one?
    I just got one today in a package deal with a MIM Tele. It uses a DC9V so if that's what you have with your ME-50 then you'll be good.