ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

Alone plugged into an amp it sounds great but plug it into a mixing board can make the sound a little scratchy. When plugged into a mixing board. Plus the Wah sometimes helps emphasize the string's twang and makes it too scratchy sometimes. If you don't want to hear any of that you could just dissengage the Wah effect which doesnt't make it all that bad. Other than that this pedal sounds absolutely great. My only real issue is that I kinda wish that Boss could've put the "presence" effect with the pedal just like the ME-50 has.

I play a little this and a little that at home but all my gigs are for my church so this pedal is not too overpowering but still it is durable, sounds great, and is fun to use. If it were stolen I would replace it definately... If it were broken and the warranty is still good I would probably refund it and upgrade to the GT-10though (mostly because you can record a whole song on that thing unlike the 30 somewhat seconds on the phrase loop)

this pedal is completely reliable I use it every week and even though it doesn't sound as true as it should going through a mixing board it still sounds great... Just remember to pack a power source or a shitload of AAs (the pedal is reliable, just not sure what batteries you are using).

Just out of the box this pedal sounds great and the pedal wasn't too stiff. So you can really slam on the Wah pretty fast. It's easy to figure out and the only issue you would have is adjusting those knobs during an earthquake. Which is unlikely so it really is great.

DeadMoney23
    This is exactly what I have been looking for!!! I just got this about 3 days ago and I couldnt be happier! This thing has the sounds that you have been looking for, all in a convenient easy to use set up. I took 20 mins to read the manual and after that I was good to go. If your considering a boss me-70 I really think that you will end up very happy.
    d.nice
    Ziaul Asif
    d.nice wrote: hi I'm a total noob in multi-effect boards area .. and before I buy the boss me-70, I hope some of you can answer my questions.. I've got a Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG30fx-new. The boss me 70 has a preamp-section with a view amp modells. when I want to use the preamp-section in combination with my amp, how should I set my amp to have a good sound of the selected amp model of the preamp-section? is there any solution to connect the boss me 70 with the computer? please excuse my bad english thanks for help
    Yes of-course you can. You just need to buy a 1/4 adapter (http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemImage... and a line jack (http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemImage... Now connect the adapter on one side of the line jack then connect it to the rec/head phone out of your me 70, and the other side to your pc just benith the speaker you will connect the other side of the jack. Hope you understand . Enjoy..
    ValHazard
    Ziaul Asif
    ValHazard wrote: I need some help, I've been surfing the web but still can't find a good answer. I have no ideea what I'm talking about when it comes to Amps and effects pedals. I have a Roland Cube15XL and an Ibanez GAX30. The Roland Cube has a Clean channel then Overdrive, Distortion,Metal and Extreme....I can only tweak Bass,Mid and Treb and Gain on these, there's no other effects. Thing is, I can only tweak the Gain when I switch over from clean to the distortion effects, if I leave the amp on clean I can't fiddle around with gain. Now, like I said, I don't know much about these things, but how does the ME70 work like ? Cause I really wanna buy one ... Do I just plug in my amp and leave it on Clean, what happens if I put it on Extreme ?, them set the ME70 to something similar ? If it makes any sense .... And another thing I really wanna know is ... how does the ME70 sound for metal...especially with a small-ish amp like mine ? I'm not looking for those modern Metalcore,and other core sounds, I'm hoping to get a good Slayer tone, Carcass on their Heartwork album, Metallica, Black Label Society, Pantera...stuff like that...at least get a good enough tone...am I looking in the right place ? I can't spend any more than what the ME70 goes for. Thanks
    First off all I want to tell you that if you buy this Me 70 you will definitely able to tweak any effects whether it is in clean or dist.But if you set your amp to extreme distortion and also set the me 70 quite similar then you will get a rubbish sound which I can guaranty u . And if you are looking for metal sound which u have mentioned above then this pedal is for u. Get it u wont be disappointed and check out some good metal settings in youtube .
    pinballer
    I trialed the GT-10 and ME-25 and the ME-70. All were great the GT-10 has it all but is a little over complicated for my needs. The ME-25 is superb for the price but it isn't as east to access lots of sounds playing live. the ME-70 is the best for live play (easy access to more sound patches that I would use). It has the right balance for me-more options than I will ever need and it's easy customize sounds and use in live play. That's where I spent my cash!