ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects review by Boss

Boss: ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects

Purchased from: Music Mate

The pedal is very simple and intuitive to use. All the inputs and outputs are clearly labelled and I could get a sound out of it straight away. The pedal comes with some great standard patched but I quickly found myself overwriting the default ones with my own creations. I didn't open the manual that came with this pedal until a month after using it. Almost everything is easily accessible because each effect has it's own pedal and control knobs. I have edited the first 10 patches on the pedal and have never found myself needing anything else. These 10 effects cover my entire guitar tone and I have included most of the effects available on the pedal in some patches. I am very happy with how easy this was to set up and I have never had a loss of data issue or anything like that. Overall fantastic product.

Before I bought this pedal I was using a Zoom GFX-8 which is not a bad pedal in it's own right but the Boss pedal blows it out of the water especially in the distortion department. This pedal gave me the beefy metal tone that I was looking for and the COSM amp sim means I have to do very little to the guitar track after recording it.

I am a fan of many bands signed to Sumerian Records and Rise Records and I am able to easily get guitar tones fitting to that style of music. What more can I say about the sound except that it is awesome and good enough for professional use. The only thing that could have may benefited from a better tone is the wah which is quite flat sounding.

The pedal is very solid. I think it may be made out of steel. It is clearly designed to take rough treatment and be stepped on in all the wrong ways. I know this pedal can take a beating. I have dropped it before and kicked it around and it still doesn't have a scratch on it after over a year of heavy use. All the switches and knobs feel very solid and I don't think any of them will break any time soon. I feel comfortable taking this pedal anywhere because I know it won't get damaged. I even split something on it once and it was fine.

I play mostly rock and metal. I do also play acoustic guitar and find that this pedal has a really nice acoustic simulation to it which makes it really nice for practicing hard songs on my electric guitar first. I have also plugged my acoustic guitar into the pedal and the reverb and delay effects sound great with it. The price of this pedal is the best thing for me because it is good enough for studio and gigging which saved me from having to buy other equipment. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy a Boss ME-25 for gigging and buy a more studio focused effects unit because I am spending much more time in the studio but this is style the type of multi effects pedal I will stick with for a long time.

rossrock.aggalot
    In manual mode, if you press the od/ds and mod to turn on the distortion and modulation effects at same time, the tuner is turning on. how can i turn on the two pedals in a same time without turning on the tuner? from clean tone to distortion with octave on solo.