Micro BR Digital Recorder review by Boss

Boss: Micro BR Digital Recorder

Purchased from: Long & Mcquade

I use a Squire Stratocaster, and a pair of wireless Sony headphones. The Micro Br can also control the input level which makes the whole thing just easier. There are plenty of effects and once you find the ones you like, there the ones you use (for the most part). Plus the effects also sound as if they're coming from an amp. I love The Strokes, and I mostly use the compressor Lead effect. It does them justice. So far, I've had no trouble with it. I've also only had it for 5 days, but I've been toying with it 24/7.

I play alternative, rock, garage, lullabies, soft jams, etc. That stuff doesn't really make an effect on how the Micro Br works, but in my opinion, it was the best purchase/musical furtherer I've ever bought. I own a Vox AD50VT amplifier which is amazing, and a Boss OD-3 OverDrive pedal. If I could take back time, and buy anything I wanted with the 280 I would still buy the Micro Br or put it in my telecaster fund. I love the fact that recording can be simple, and that it's small enough to give to a friend for the weekend so he can make a bass line to it. My favorite feature is the 4 simultaneous tracks. But the thing that bothers me is that all of the drum beats are very complex, and I don't know how to get them on the tempo of the song I'm playing. All I wish it had was it's own feature to make drum beats or to put the ones you want in an order/time limit to put it to a song.

With my five days of ownership under my belt I can say that I have no clue if she's durable. But it seems like a reliable product. It's plastic, but there's a pretty nice ego boosting mirror on it. Its reliability & durability are great. I've accidentally hit it with my guitar though. And it was painful to watch, but no damage.

First of all, once you get it, read the manual. Maybe just skim through it, but get a little bit of facts before you use it. It takes about a couple of hours to get used to how this beautiful piece of machinery functions, but once you understand everything you feel like you are a recording God. So far the manual describes all of the basics you need to know to get started. And then there's the little tricks that come as extras. Wit good headphones it's a dream come true, sounds as if it were an amp.

jbrans
    This looks more like a sales pitch than a review, but I've got one of my own and I cannot be anything else than complety enthousiastic about it. Onboard COSM effects are great, rhythm patterns sound realistic and it's really not too hard to operate, once you've read most of the manual ofcourse.
    SWENCE_32
    when i first heard about it, i couldnt believe the price. for all the features on this thing, sround $220 is a bargin!
    atelecasterpimp
    I have used this, and it is a walking studio. The mic is awesome, the guitar effects will have you fooled. The loops it comes with are horrid and robotic. This has to be one of the greatest things to come out, I look forward to more people using it in 07.
    akong.supern00b
    got one for Christmas, been messing around with it. it runs on double a batteries, which get sucked up pretty fast. i haven't gotten around to piecing songs together yet, tho. all in all good buy.
    sixstringsteve
    aw man i have like a 1 gig sd card but its not formatted correctly for the BR to use it. ohwell its still awesome. and yea those drum tracks ae annoying. i just want a simple beat.